• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Great deal on used 9x20 NDT tires with wheels in SoCal

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yesterday I made a 650-mile roundtrip journey to San Clemente, CA (on the northern doorstep of Camp Pendleton) to check out some used 9x20 NDT tires on Deuce rims that were advertised for $25 each. The trip was well worth my time and fuel! Even with fuel and expenses added in, it was a great deal and a heck of a bargain!

Turns out these are fellow SS member scyros35's wheels/tires, and I got to tour their shop and facilities while there. Steve & Garret had their employees drop what they were doing and load the wheels/tires on my trailer for me.

Best of all was, they were so anxious to clear out their hundreds of used tires/wheels that when I was having the 11x20 NDT tires loaded, I noticed that they were mounted on 5-ton (10-hole) wheels, which I have no use for...but no worries! Steve & Garret picked out the best 11x20 NDT tires for me to purchase, and threw in matching Deuce wheels with bad tires for FREE. Doesn't get any better than that!!!

If you can make the drive, Steve and Garret WILL make it worth your time & money. They are easy to locate and will help you in any way possible.

I am in no way affiliated with these fellows, but wanted to pass along a great deal as this is from a fellow SS member.

ETA: Apparently I am too ignorant to read the forum rules, in spite of what a good deal this is. And funny how it's OK for others to post links for parts for Deuces but not what I just did.

So if you need some used tires & wheels cheap, just do a Craigslist search in Orange County, CA, for Military Tire or Military Wheel, and this will come up. Sorry for trying to help.

And attached are some photos of my load heading back to Las Vegas; I purchased 16 tires/wheels for $25/each, but went home with 30 tires/wheels. [thumbzup]

Attachments

Last edited:

Heath_h49008

Grey area on the rules, I guess....

Personally, I say thank you!! These reviews of sellers can really save a guy from driving a long distance just to get screwed with. The added bonus that it's a fellow SS is even better.

Actually, we have an entire forum of this stuff "Salvage Yard Reviews"....

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns out these are fellow SS member scyros35's wheels/tires, and I got to tour their shop and facilities while there. Steve & Garret had their employees drop what they were doing and load the wheels/tires on my trailer for me.

Scyros Rocks, Steve is the salt of the earth. I am driving to So Cal to Scyros's place in 2 weeks to pick up a generator trailer.I have dealt with Steve on many occasions and i have always left his place with a smile on my face. Glad he treated you the same. Good man[thumbzup]

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grey area on the rules, I guess....

Personally, I say thank you!! These reviews of sellers can really save a guy from driving a long distance just to get screwed with. The added bonus that it's a fellow SS is even better.

Actually, we have an entire forum of this stuff "Salvage Yard Reviews"....
That's all I was trying to pass along: first-hand experience that could help other members...with all the other items I have to buy to get my Deuce road-worthy, it will be a while before I can afford to convert to Super Single radials. So, I know there are others in a similar situation as me, and might appreciate the great price on some used tires/wheels.

Thanks Heath!

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for that! I may just have to take my deuce down there and get a bunch.
They will definitely make it worth your while!

I'm going to demount the 11x20 tires from the 5-ton wheels and remount them to the Deuce wheels (the ones I got with bad tires; I'll dispose of these old/worn-out tires) for use on my truck...it has singled-out Goodyear G286 11x20 radials on it now, but I want to run duals until I can afford to convert to Super Single radials. I've now got more than enough for a full set of 10 matching tires (didn't want to mix NDTs with the Goodyear highway-tread radials) as well as a couple of spare tires.

I don't know what I'm going to do yet with the 5-ton wheels...

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scyros Rocks, Steve is the salt of the earth. I am driving to So Cal to Scyros's place in 2 weeks to pick up a generator trailer.I have dealt with Steve on many occasions and i have always left his place with a smile on my face. Glad he treated you the same. Good man[thumbzup]
I hope your trip will go as well as mine did.

Not many places I know of where you are encouraged to look around wherever you want, especially in the shop areas...nothing was off-limits while I was there, but I kept it respectful. I was very impressed.

I hope I can do business with Steve & Garret again in the future; they are the type of folks I like to have receive my hard-earned money, and keep them in business.

What was interesting is the discussion I had with Steve about why he doesn't have his employees breaking down the wheels & tires, in order to dispose of the old tires that aren't roadworthy and then scrap the wheels. Simply put, it would cost him more in labor than he'd receive back from the scrap value, and it costs money to dispose of tires in California.

Best of luck with your upcoming trip & generator trailer!

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks for this imfo now i can plan on the 1100/20 tires and not go broke[thumbzup]
Absolutely, my pleasure!

I'm going to demount my 11x20 tires and remount them on the Deuce wheels with bad tires. And now I have plenty of spares.

Be sure to tell them Warren from Las Vegas referred you, so they know to give you a good deal too. You won't be disappointed.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are there any places like this closer to Ohio?
I don't have any idea. But you can go to SearchTempest.com and put in how far from your ZIP code you want to search Craigslist ads. That's how I found this deal and how I found my Deuce. Very handy, and some good deals can be found. I typically scour SearchTempest once every couple of days, for any potential deals within 400 miles of my ZIP code (that's how far I'd be willing to go if the deal was right).

Just beware of anything sounding too good to be true...they usually are. And really good deals are usually gone by the time you call them, but every once in a while you can get lucky (like I did, twice!).

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you contact them?

Web site?
PMs sent to each of you; let me know if they didn't come through or if you have any additional questions. I don't have any affiliation with the sellers, but it's such a good deal that I just want to share it with other members here...that's all.

I'm on a limited budget so deals like these are very important to me. I know I'm not the only one in this position, so I'm happy to share.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And of course I am such a NOOB I should have titled this thread NDCC instead of NDT....OOOPS...

:(

DOH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks