• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Great freight broker helping with GL wins

metalman99

I'm new to SS in the last month or so and new to GL winning 4 auctions during the last week.

I'm nowhere near any of the GL sites and needed a freight company to schedule and pick up my goods. Well I found a great freight broker that has done a fantastic job of setting up the pick up and getting my new goods home and I am very happy with the rates.

I wanted to share the contact info for person helping me as I thought others would benefit as well as this was a lifesaver for me.

Not sure where to post this or if it is allowed, please advise so I can pass this info on.

Last edited:

3dAngus

Well, its started so I would say just post it here now and maybe a mod can rehost all to the better category.
Transportation needs oe conversations come to mind.

So now, please give us all the details.
Name, company, load, distance, costs, and more.

We all want to hear about the good stuff.:D

3dAngus

Details, details. :eek:

I don't mean to offend, as you are fairly new, but we can all come up with a name.
Giving Size, weight, distance, costs,examples etc are what counts.

The thread becomes worthless without details where you had success, so people can decide for themselves and compare. Without specifics to back you up, this just becomes wasted space.

Again, I'm not intending to be difficult, just trying to explain how it works to everyones advantage. I seriously doubt anyone is going to call without examples, as they just see it as a plug or free advertisement for another sale.

Thanks for the thought though and looking out.

metalman99

(2) skids of MRAP tires from Columbus, OH to Zion, IL, 2,000 lbs. $360.00, that's $45 per tire and wheel.

(1) skid of seats from Lockbourne, OH to Zion, IL, 500 lbs. $280.00

The rates from my wins this week are at the office, (i'm at home now) those items are coming from CA and AL.

Please note, i'm not trying to promote this company. I'm posting for others that may have the same concerns about load out requirements and scheduling when buying from GL. This has been a very convenient solution for me.

I'll post the CA and AL rates on Monday.

metalman99

Details, details. :eek:

I don't mean to offend, as you are fairly new, but we can all come up with a name.
Giving Size, weight, distance, costs,examples etc are what counts.

The thread becomes worthless without details where you had success, so people can decide for themselves and compare. Without specifics to back you up, this just becomes wasted space.

Again, I'm not intending to be difficult, just trying to explain how it works to everyones advantage. I seriously doubt anyone is going to call without examples, as they just see it as a plug or free advertisement for another sale.

Thanks for the thought though and looking out.
No offense Angus. I'm just super busy with business and family and trying to cram in as much as possible, I know, the devil is in the details.

This is a great forum and i'm really enjoying it, now if I could just find the right truck.

3dAngus

About 400 one way miles.

I'm sold. You cant drive that yourself any cheaper considering its 800 miles to you, plus your time.

Thanks for the details. Makes sense now.:?:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks