• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Great Trucker

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just letten members know
SURPLUS TRANSPORT
Eric Jackson
252-312-1717

He picked up the 977 today, got a wrecker (mine is still wrecked), got the truck out of the hole, got loaded, gone, very professional, he has a nice lite spread axle step deck., told me his rates are as good OR better then most.

Says all he does is haul military iron, and is a SSer (forgot his SS name)

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think I met him at Restone one time......if it's the same guy he had a very cool trailer that could haul all kinds of stuff. It had an onboard winch, ramps and adjustable lenght.
YEP, super ramps though did not need them, 20000# winch, nice trailer, did a great job, did not say he worked for decodeme, his truck has SURPLUS TRANSPORT on the doors, a new INT.

Last edited:

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks for the positive input!..Yep Eric works for me..He must have misunderstood you.
Glade to have SS. members business. We set the truck/trailer up to haul heavy Surplus trucks that others cant. up to 46,000 lbs. without a permit. thanks again!
kevin..

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Havent put anything heaver on it yet..also carrying ramps, APU, tools, 15' military jumper cord!, 24v jump box, winch, etc..depends on the load, where i can put it on the trailer.

gtofred

:ditto: I have to agree. spoke with Kevin aka decodeme2 to arrange a transport. It was worry free. These guys, Kevin and Eric are awesome. It was great meeting Eric, and I am looking forward to meeting Kevin. I would highly recommend Surplus Transport and I am sure I will use them again.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Eric, loaded a MK48 at JsVille Wed, it was one of the units from the first sale, already together, WM drove it from the old lot and loaded it for him.
HE has a NEET 12v/24v jump pack that was used to start the truck.
This is TWICE that I have had dealings with Eric, both times VERY well equipped to do the job.

If someone else has found a GREAT trucker, post up, WE need GREAT truckers.

WM and I loaded our third truck (0930/1000), trailer air bag blew, so unloaded, truck left for repairs, since we were on a TIME dead line (kicked off base at 1400), WM called the broker (STANLEY at LANDSTAR) telling him what was going on, on VERY short notice LANDSTAR got us another truck to replace the broke truck to load (showed up at 1300), now that is a broker doing a super job.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Guys,
Eric would have loved to stay with you guys and watch the fun and help load. He was on a timeline and could not. He said you guys work alful hard! Will hook up again im sure..
Kevin..
ps, ready to go play..2 fundraisers in the next 2 weeks to attend.

Attachments

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The #2 pic looks AWFUL high with that gun mount

Funny, he loads to the rear, all the others load forward

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
73m819: Probably because he can put more weight on the spread axles. Personally, I would usually put more weight on the drives to keep from scrubbing the rubber off the trailer tires in tight turns.

Attachments

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yep, Gun Mount top is only 13' high...no worries..
Eric loades it backwards because he would be over axel by pulling it forward..He tried really hard not to make any sharp turns with these loads..Always stops by the cat scales when hes near the limit..going to ft-mead tomorrow to pick up a 5 ton delivery to NJ. Thanks for all the positive comments..We Aim to please!..
My son Brett helps with the driving when hes not in college..
Kevin..

Attachments