• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Great Weekend!

palskidoo

Good Morning All,

Let me start off by asking who else had a great weekend with a MV??? This past Saturday a member of SS (btcoutermash) was kind enough to invite me to his home and teach about some of the ins and outs of the M35A2's he had. He taught me about the engine, the different models, some history, what things to look for and stay away from and some of his stories involving his deuce. Then, if that wasn't great enough as I was getting ready to leave he offered to let me take it for a ride!! TALK ABOUT A KID IN A CANDY STORE!! Driving the truck was one of the coolest things I've ever done and can't thank btcoutermash enough. I am absolutely in the market now and can't wait to own my own deuce!

sandman7655

We had a fallen soldiers service and send off for 3 soldiers at church yesterday.i had my deuce and a buddy came in his.Even had the sanctuary turned into a battle zone with bunkers ,barb wire and lots of other military stuff.

dmetalmiki

Well a young freind of ours (22) bought his first truck saturday. An M52 tractor unit.
Only faults (declared) leaking fuel to the sump oil. So he needs advice there. (he is checking the forums).
Drivers window bust.(one to replace it) But both tanks full of multifuel!..
new soft top. The old one leaks!
They had a real adventure driving back in the HOWLING rain/wind storms..his dad drove he was following in the chase / support car. (dad got REALLY soaked and cold, and there was road works and a two hour detour accross country roads. (off the M1. motorway)
He has pictures , A good tale to relate, a LOT of history about the truck including detail of the orriginal U.S. driver!
He is signing up tonight as YOUNGANTM52, so look out for him and his story (saga) sucessfull "recovery".

Last edited: