• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Green Bay, WI Deuce Owner Needed (m35a2)

VenomInjected

If anyone lives near Packer country and wouldn't mind letting take a peak and explore their Deuce....(A2)... I'd love to look one over with an educated individual before I start driving off on my own looking at potential Deuce candidates to purchase. I would first like to get an ACTUAL size and scope of the beast itself... (and sit it one if allowed)along with learn some familiarities and any advice possible. (Because seeing is believing... I'd like to make sure I'm not crazy for doing this)....

I'm also going to have to find out if in Wisconsin you can simply purchase and drive a deuce home vs. purchasing... getting temp plates.. then drive home. (A used car you can drive home without registering for 2 or 4 days or something after purchase)

Any takers?

04mustang

Im a long way from Green Bay, but it is nice to see a fellow cheese head!!!:D

I believe that the laws did recently change in WI regarding larger wheeled vehicles if im not mistaken. Im sure that someone on here that is from that state can point you in the right direction.
What are your plans if you go with getting a M35? restore? have fun? cheese mobile?
Sorry I couldnt help much,
Corey

VenomInjected

What are your plans if you go with getting a M35? restore? have fun? cheese mobile?
Corey
Simple clean and slight modernize (dual circuit brakes, dual volt systems, 2ndary 12V alternator and 3rd battery)

Being a mechanical engineer...asthetics have to be considered... but working mechanical condition I'm a little anal retentive........it will be in perfect working order.....dents dings, paint or a little rust is A-OK with me.

Restore no... utilize yes.... plan is to run her to work in the 'city' (its green bay for god sakes) during the summer months once or twice a week.... and then use it for what she is.... a worker..... stumps, logging for winter fuel supplies, acreage maintenance.

VenomInjected

I heard that Wisconsin has there own historic MV plates also.... I wish my state had that.
Allows for only parade and occasional maintainence use ONLY...you cannot DD the thing to home depot or to work without big brother hunting you down.

It will be getting Commercial Truck for Private Use 20,000 lb plates.

VenomInjected

The information you need on registering can be found in these threads , I think deuces have to be 1969 or older to register in wisconsin.
2012 Wis Motor Vehicle Registration Rights Act
New Progress on Wisconsin Ex-Military Vehciles
Good News for Wisconcin HMV's
Wisconsin New HMV Amendment Introduced Wisconsin New HMV Amendment Introduced

Thanks porky... yea I've been reading what you guys (undysworld etc) have been accomplishing and how the rule was overturned regarding dueces (1969 and before I think is where were at now)...

I simply want to know if I can buy the duece... and drive it home right away... much like you can do on a car.... the DMV gives you 2 days lee-way where you dont have to have registration/insurance etc.

I don't know/think this is the same... I think I would have to buy it.... go to teh DMV and get plates... then come back to said vehicle and drive it home.

Last edited:

Mongoose1

Im a long way from Green Bay, but it is nice to see a fellow cheese head!!!:D

I believe that the laws did recently change in WI regarding larger wheeled vehicles if im not mistaken. Im sure that someone on here that is from that state can point you in the right direction.
Corey
Pardon the quick thread-jack, but it's nice to see someone from Lumberton on here. I was born there and have family all over the area. I need to get back for a visit soon.

04mustang

Pardon the quick thread-jack, but it's nice to see someone from Lumberton on here. I was born there and have family all over the area. I need to get back for a visit soon.
Lumberton born and rasied. and getting ready to come back for good, just finishing up at NC State. It is nice to see someone else on here thats "local" lol

Jeepers69

I am just over an hour away to the north. The duece will be at weinerfest at the Lakewood Pavilion today, in support of our veterans. There will be other MVs there today also, as well as alot of veterans, food, and beer. My avatar has the pic of the duece in it. You are more than welcome to come, sit, drive, and bs duece.

VenomInjected

I am just over an hour away to the north. The duece will be at weinerfest at the Lakewood Pavilion today, in support of our veterans. There will be other MVs there today also, as well as alot of veterans, food, and beer. My avatar has the pic of the duece in it. You are more than welcome to come, sit, drive, and bs duece.

Jeepers... if its okay with you... maybe here in the next few weeks I'll send you a PM and maybe make the journey up. (I have a few friends and family with places in Townsend also so would be perfect...)

Jeepers69

Jeepers... if its okay with you... maybe here in the next few weeks I'll send you a PM and maybe make the journey up. (I have a few friends and family with places in Townsend also so would be perfect...)

You bet, just let me know as I have a varying schedule. You can come and get upclose to my deuce. I also have an M105 trailer to match.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks