• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Green Horn

Docluvstrucks

ALCON,

New to the site. Just bought a 1970 Bobbed Deuce with a Herculese engine (non-turbo). Seems to run well and the bob job is very professional. Still have some things to tidy up though (wiring taillights). Guess the previous owner got tired of it. I am out in Jamul, California (East County San Diego). Fairly new out here too. Originally from SC but been in NC for last ten years.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the site and look forward to picking some brains and parts.

61sleepercab

Welcome to the site. Lots of info and good ideas for uses for old green iron. I would suggest an oil analysis test for a base line for engine condition. The local Caterpillar dealer here has test bottles with tests and postage for $15.00. It checks for contamination, bearing wear etc. I have a Deuce and a 5 ton both so double the fun. Mark

Docluvstrucks

I have used Blackstone Labs before for oil analysis. Used to get it done on my Land Rover Defender 110 (Non-Military type). Maybe you guys can tell me but the seller I got the truck from showed me a triangular shaped tag riveted just inside the drivers door and he said it was when the truck went to depot level maintenance. Has a date in 1989 and odometer reads 10,440 miles. Hopefully that means it only has that many miles on it but that is wishful thinking.

Welcome to the site. Lots of info and good ideas for uses for old green iron. I would suggest an oil analysis test for a base line for engine condition. The local Caterpillar dealer here has test bottles with tests and postage for $15.00. It checks for contamination, bearing wear etc. I have a Deuce and a 5 ton both so double the fun. Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks