• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Green Iron at the Track (M818 drag racing)

buzzinhalfdozzen

Alright, so next time I'm going to:

take the top off and fold the windshield down
6x6 burnout
cool can
take the air filter out
leave in 3rd

Should be around a 9 second pass :-D

HanksDeuce

Air the tires up to the max pressure allowed to minimize the contact patch to lower the rolling resistance.
Drain the fuel tank(s) to hold only 5 gallons, unless you think it will take more than 5 gallons to go 1320 feet.
Roll the windows up.
Close the windshields.
Ditch any tools or other loose items that add weight.
Wax the entire body.
Make sure to go to the bathroom to get rid of any "excess" weight.

In this instance I wouldn't have touched anything, but use my hints above if you want to improve on your time. :D

treva2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For someone who probably doesn't run that truck much at the track those are GREAT reaction times. I would love to run you at the strip when I get mine finished (couple years from now). WE could match race, you know the whole Pittsburgh vs Cleveland thing.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
On a more serious note. You could take a 931a2 tractor and with some light mods like gov springs marine injectors timing bump and some other tweaks you could get upwards of 1000+ ftlbs of torque and the truck is geared pretty low you could probably make an impressive pass for a military truck that is. You may only get a few till you blow your trans though.