• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Green OR black rims?

Which color rims look best?

• Black

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • Green

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • other

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edpdx

Still painting my M1009. I was wondering which color is correct as opposed to wich color looks best. The rims on my M1008 were Ultra Flat Black. They looked pretty good; but I'd like to know what y'all prefer.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatever you do, don't camo the wheels with two colors. It looks great when you're sitting still, but if you are moving, the whirling two colors actually attract the eye toward the movement, not camouflage it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
clintogf has an M1009 which has only been painted once, at the factory and it's wheels are green (matching the vehicle). I've never checked the date codes on the rims so I can't be 100% sure they are the originals, but the paint (and fade) matches the vehicle.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to the pub they are supposed to be black but I think they look better green.

sandcobra164

My truck came from a cave in Norway and was never issued. The wheels are flat black and still have the original Firestone's on them that came with the truck. In fact, I didn't know that they lug nuts are actually shiny until I pulled the back wheels off to check for HMMWV wheel fitment and the paint chipped off of them. I vote that they came from the factory flat black.

sarge1

Mine came with green fronts and black backs. I think I like the look of the green ones a little better, but they both look good.

Utah CUCV

Seems like I never noticed until we went to the desert. Since then, there's always been a mix match of different colored rims. I drove a tan truck during desert storm which had black green and tan wheels.