• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

green seats

zaxcucv

Sorry for the Newb questions, but I have done a search and found nothing on this subject.

All CUCVs I have seen have reddish brown vinyl seats. Everyone who has seen these remarks that the green seats in my Cucv are very rare. What does this mean? Are they a legit option, a special unit, or did someone spec them later? Thanks for any guidance. I am considering reupholstering but not if they are worth just setting aside and putting in civi seats. Thanks in advance! Z

Attachments

idM1028

Where did you get the truck from? Looks like someone might have put them in later. You can still see the brown seat belt stuff. The one thing I've never understand about the CUCV interiors is the gray dash when the rest of the plastic stuff is brown.

zaxcucv

Where did you get the truck from? Looks like someone might have put them in later. You can still see the brown seat belt stuff. The one thing I've never understand about the CUCV interiors is the gray dash when the rest of the plastic stuff is brown.
The guys at Motorsource who got it from the Nat Guard unit in AZ.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gray dash is a replacement. The gov't didn't see fit to dye the replacements to match. As GM runs their parts inventories down for older vehicles they will stop offering color options leaving it up to the purchaser to color match it. When they rolled off the line they had that fecal brown colored dash.