• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greeting from the land of €1.80 per liter fuel

Carlo

10 years ago I was tired of the pump shock and wanted to try straight soybean oil and sun flower oil. It was summer early and I choose a test truck with a cummins and was ready to see all the bad things happen to the motor people had warned me. But nothing bad happened till one late september morning when it got cooler in the mornings. The fuel would not flow. I have heard from people using tank heaters but I did not want to go to this extream. I did continue the next spring and have done so ever since but added all my trucks. Cost per liter of sunflower is €1.00 at the local super market so the savings is there. I have seen no pump damage. No clogged injectors, no burnt pistons. Nothing but a french fry smell from the exhaust! I have ran up 25,000 kms so far.

Beyond Biodiesel

Welcome, Carlo, on this side of the pond it is not generally cost effective to buy new vegetable oil to burn as fuel, but then we are not paying $2.34/qt for fuel. If we did I think most of us would drag politicians and oil executives out in front of their house and shoot them, and we would be heroes for doing so.

Also, we do not have road blocks on the interstate operated by the DOT dipping our fuel tanks for DIY fuel, and if we have it fining us thousands of dollars and crushing our vehicles. If we did, then I hope we all would do as above.

No offense intended here to the people of the UK, but Guy ‪Fawkes‬ should be considered a national hero, instead of a national villain, so Guy ‪Fawkes‬ night should be all about personal freedom, as is our 4th of July. So, look to the Yanks, and the French for their Bastille Day, and burn at least one politician, or oil executive, or banker, every Guy ‪Fawkes‬ night.

Last edited:

Carlo

Welcome, Carlo, on this side of the pond it is not generally cost effective to buy new vegetable oil to burn as fuel, but then we are not paying $2.34/qt for fuel. If we did I think most of us would drag politicians and oil executives out in front of their house and shoot them, and we would be heroes for doing so.

Also, we do not have road blocks on the interstate operated by the DOT dipping our fuel tanks for DIY fuel, and if we have it fining us thousands of dollars and crushing our vehicles. If we did, then I hope we all would do as above.

No offense intended here to the people of the UK, but Guy ‪Fawkes‬ should be considered a national hero, instead of a national villain, so Guy ‪Fawkes‬ night should be all about personal freedom, as is our 4th of July. So, look to the Yanks, and the French for their Bastille Day, and burn at least one politician, or oil executive, or banker, every Guy ‪Fawkes‬ night.
I agree with you and know the story of Guy Fawkes. I flew into the the UK on night back in the late 70's and saw the bonfires everywhere! He was and still is a hero there.

If I get caught burning soybean or sunflower its a fine here and big for there is no road tax. 60% of our fuel cost is tax! I will continue to use it and still remain baffled why people lie saying it damages a motor.

Take Car and thanks.

TehTDK

I live in the land of crazy (Euro land) like Carlo and yes the fuel prices here are insane. However AFAIK I would only get a fine if I try to run a car/truck/vehicle on farm diesel/petrol since its non-taxed and coloured. Since they would dip the tank and thus determine that the colour of the contents was wrong. When I do get a MV however, I plan on running it on WMO/WVO in a combination with Diesel to get a decent blend and hopefully keep it liquid enough for winter. At least they can't tax me for running WMO/WVO, my main complication would be passing the emissions requirements for the vehicle. But thankfully I would only have to pass the limits set for the vehicle originally :).

But the tax free fuel would sadly only last for as long as it takes for some smart-ass politician to notice what I am doing and realise the potential revenue in charging people for running on WMO/WVO >.<

Carlo

I live in the land of crazy (Euro land) like Carlo and yes the fuel prices here are insane. However AFAIK I would only get a fine if I try to run a car/truck/vehicle on farm diesel/petrol since its non-taxed and coloured. Since they would dip the tank and thus determine that the colour of the contents was wrong. When I do get a MV however, I plan on running it on WMO/WVO in a combination with Diesel to get a decent blend and hopefully keep it liquid enough for winter. At least they can't tax me for running WMO/WVO, my main complication would be passing the emissions requirements for the vehicle. But thankfully I would only have to pass the limits set for the vehicle originally :).

But the tax free fuel would sadly only last for as long as it takes for some smart-ass politician to notice what I am doing and realise the potential revenue in charging people for running on WMO/WVO >.<

I have heard of people heating the tank enough with heat strips to run soybean oil or sun flower oil all winter. I can use it from May till first of october here. The savings is 60 to 70% less but here it is also againist the law.

What is a good web site up there to sell military trucks? I have 2 to sell plus a chevy dually.
Thanks
Carlo................................

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks