• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings and Salutations

abomination

Hello, all! I am new to the world of Military vehicle ownership, but no stranger to military vehicles. I served proudly in the United States Marine Corps. for six years, and worked on military aircraft while I was in. I was privledged enough to get to ride in some of the world's greatest military vehicles and I think its great to see so many retired vehicles still getting put through their paces. I am a mud bogger at heart and have been building a project vehicle, nicknamed "the Abomination". It is basically a mid-70's Blazer frame with a 2 1/2 ton cab and front clip mounted on it. I've used some spare fenders to make rear fenders of a fashion, and I think it is turning into a fine-looking beast! I hope you all don't take offense to me "bastardizing" a duece and a half into something that is for playing in the mud, I see it as more of a tribute to the excellent reputation of a great vehicle. I am still in the process of building this beast, I will keep you all posted as the build progresses!

S&S

Welcome aboard,
got any pics?
where's the rest of the deuce, are you using the rockwells under the blaser frame?

S&S

To post pics is easy. Just above where you type in your text you'll see a black paper clip beside a smilley. Click on it and a new window will open. Click where it says "browse" and another window will open, then you chose the pic you want to upload right from you pc. Once you have chosen your pick and clicked "open" that window will close. click "upload".
Depending on the size of the pic and your internet speed this might take a min or so.

Attachments

S&S

That's looks like it's gonna be one meen mud truck when you're done[thumbzup]

and IMO you're not "bastardizing" a duece, you just saved parts from going to the bone yard and are giving it a second life.

Last edited:

charlietango

welcome to the site man. Looks like a **** of a beast you are building. You should find this site helpful...

S&S nice ML wheels on that dodge. or is that a dodge on an ML.. either way thats freakishly awesome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks