• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from AK

Jacob2027

Howdy,
Guess I missed this section when until now. Well here is my intro. My name is Jacob. You guys can call me Jake or whatever. Been into military vehicles for many years (currently 24 years old so still need to learn a lot) and finally bought one.
Small town person from a small island. Do tons of odd jobs and most all of my own auto work. Getting into chainsaw repair as well. Looking to be a part of this knowledgeable and very friendly community.

Thanks for having me,
Jacob

dmetalmiki

A very welcome to the site, Hobby, Advices, friendships, And events to come.
Post up some pictures when you can.
How small an island? and where..interesting.
Are there any other enthusiasts there for you?

Jacob2027

p
A very welcome to the site, Hobby, Advices, friendships, And events to come.
Post up some pictures when you can.
How small an island? and where..interesting.
Are there any other enthusiasts there for you?
Prince of wales alaska so actually fairly big. It is in Southeast alaska in the panhandle.
Not sure about other enthusiests but there are a lot of dueces on the island. Mostly for wood and mills. Some snow plows. One I have seen around seems to just be for towing vehicles.
The truck I bought the owner got with a mill on an auction and didn't want the truck. Working on getting her running. Will get a vid of her at that point. She needs a lot of tlc.0424201726_HDR.jpg

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site! Your truck looks like it has a lot of potential. Do you plan to use it for logging?

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not logging. Woodcutting though. It was preivously used for logging and treated pretty rough. Even the bed isn't flat anymore...
Sounds like you have a lot of fun work ahead of you. Congrats on the truck, I'm glad you saved her.

Jacob2027

Sounds like you have a lot of fun work ahead of you. Congrats on the truck, I'm glad you saved her.
I do. But I am looking forward to it. Will definitely be a little at a time after I get her driving but will be done. If she runs good after I get the LOF and alternator done then I have to start redoing all the wiring since a lot was cut... Passanger side top was also crushed in a bit at some point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks