• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from Las Vegas

Hey guys! Greetings from Las Vegas.

Absolutely new to the world of Military Trucks. The reason I got into the subject in the first place was I wondered if there were RVs that could go off road.

Once I saw the options that were out there from different companies (Earthroamer LTi for example) and how dummy expensive they are, I saw the possibilities with Military Trucks. Not to mention, I love the ride height on the road.

I'll be posting a thread soon based on the Stewart and Stevenson trucks and if it'll fit my needs. Happy to be here and ready to learn!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well come on in !!!! Theres plenty of camper build threads going in RV CAMPER CONVERSIONS section and a trillion ideals if you want to build your own MUCH more affordable if your a diy type !

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome.....there are also a few members here who have done some excellent YouTube build videos for repairs and modifications. I am sure they will chime in at some point with links of their stuff, but they do some great work and have helped explain and show some common fixes.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey guys! Greetings from Las Vegas.

Absolutely new to the world of Military Trucks. The reason I got into the subject in the first place was I wondered if there were RVs that could go off road.

Once I saw the options that were out there from different companies (Earthroamer LTi for example) and how dummy expensive they are, I saw the possibilities with Military Trucks. Not to mention, I love the ride height on the road.

I'll be posting a thread soon based on the Stewart and Stevenson trucks and if it'll fit my needs. Happy to be here and ready to learn!
Welcome to the Outfit!

There are plenty of Stewart & Stevenson's that can be had on the cheap. Of course you might end up spending twenty times your original investment be the time you get every piece of rubber on the truck replaced, along with things like windows that need repair, tires that are out of date, and the base build for the "camper box". Then add the solar and battery banks and wiring...

Just so you know, there are wrench turners on here and some that aren't. Just need to figure out how you fit into that model and how fat your wallet is or maybe isn't. BE CAREFUL. Ask a lot of questions. Get opinions. Figure out what you really want - and compare that to civilian versions of what you are shopping for.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! You came to the right place for anything MV related. We have a great group of folks here who are happy to help. A lot of people have done the RV conversions, especially on the S&S trucks. Looking forward to seeing your project! Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks