• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from NW Ohio.

Welcome from SW Ohio.
There are quite a few form Ohio around here.
If you get your truck in time, join us at Haspin the end of September.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from SW Ohio.

You are well within driving distance of at least 4 major events.

Alliance
Findlay
Haspin Rally
Marengo

Of course all but the fall Haspin have already passed but you can prepare for next year. If you have the time go to the GA Rally in Oct. with or without a truck.

If you keep in touch you could be invited to anything I have down at my place. You never know what we are going to do. Engine swap, custom trailer builds or putting beds on trucks. :)

tobyS

Hey from north Indiana!

Re corn...Watching a nice turboprop plane spray corn in the field in front of my place, about 50' from lines and a highway with many trees, made the corn just a bit more exciting the other day. I was worried about breathing vapors but they never seemed to come my way.

Where are you getting your truck from? Are you looking at a 923 basic, A1 or A2? Just curious.

Vociferous

I think I'm leaning towards a 925A2 because of the winch(of course price plays a bit of a roll in that). But the 923A2's have greater approach angle clearance in the rare event I need a 48 degree approach to a hill! (Doubt I could even find a hill that steep around here!) I am totally new to this hobby/(insanity, as my wife calls it) so I'm still pretty flexible on things. Not sure how far I'm willing to look for one, fortunately there are 3 sites within 3-4 hrs of me. Been reading/studying this site to educate myself as much as possible before commiting. The whole air brake thing is a bit intimidating.

Vociferous

Great looking truck.
I've got my eye on some trucks right now. I'll be sure to update when I am a new owner.
Oh and I've seen others say to check out the Ohio thread, but I'm having no luck with what that is here. What am I missing?

tedennis

Hi. I am also in NW ohio. I too will hopefully be a proud MV owner soon. Scoping out the auctions now. I am a mechanic by trade but mostly light duty stuff. I would be more than willing to help you out if I can. Manual labor if anything.

Vociferous

tedennis, welcome. Good luck in your search. Will definitely keep you in mind for an extra hand or a get together when you score one.
If I may make a suggestion, start reading the TM's now before you find one. They were a huge help when I started looking and gave me an idea on how these things work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks