• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from outside of Chicago

rustyoldtanker

Good morning all.

Lurked here before, finally registered and thought I would introduce myself. Retired Army\NG tanker here with plans on getting a M1009 soon(ish) as budget/time/wife/kids will allow. I am a self employed and work on computers, networks, A/V, home theater, and anything else I can get my hands on. We are in the SW suburbs of Chicago. Also an EAA and EAA Warbirds member and tend to drool at the sound of big radials and Merlin's growling along.

I Spent 11 years breaking and blowing up some of Uncle Sam's finest gear. I worked on everything from soup to nuts.

Short List of things used, driven, and/or worked on:

Tanks and tracks: M48A5,M60A3,M1A1,M1A2,M1A2-SEP, M113, M2.

Wheeled: CUCV (all varaints), M35 (many variants), M813, M977 HEMTT, M151, HMMWV, and a few more that I probably don't remember.

I would like to pick up a fairly good M1009 at some point as the budget/time/wife/kids will allow. I have always been very mechanical and have no qualms about tearing into things. Won't be going stock with it, will definitely modify as needed to suit my needs for adventures, excursions, and camping. I look forward to participating here and will answer anything I can.

Glad to be here.

- Rustyoldtanker

ryan77

Watch out for that Ryan77 guy........he's in your neck of the woods but he ain't right.rofl

Joilet is far south of me im still recovering from entering " The war of southern disobedience" territory!!!!:p:p

Thanks once again Rich for helping me out it was a pleasure meeting you!!!

gungearz

I'm trying to put together something for a chicagoland get together of MV's. A meeting more or less to start a MV club. Anybody have any suggestions? I was considering something over by me cause we all know how Illinois cops like to act like cowboys and for the first meet. Some guys from indiana don't have a cdl to drive their deuce in Illinois which is required in Illinois. I'm good on the cdl. Being I'm a union truck driver. How about to convoy out on the steel soldiers rally in October to Haspin indiana? Just some thoughts. Now let's hear yours.

gungearz

Yes you do... I had to pick a buddies deuce up in barrinton or it would've got impounded by lake county sheriff's department. They consider air over hydraulic brakes..... Air brakes. In which to have the air brake endorsement on your license, you need a minimum of a class b cdl. I work out of ohare area and drive to Wisconsin everyday. I need to know these laws to keep my paychecks rolling in. Check the rules of the road in Illinois where air assisted brakes fall under.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks