• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from outside of Chicago

gungearz

All states are different in licensing requirements.... Unfortunately Illinois is one to require it. Actually, I think there's a big blog about it on steel soldiers. If not, just google it.

ryan77

This has been covered on here multiple times! If your not hauling u dont need a cdl in these! It only weighs 13,000 lbs

gungearz

I was explaining what the 3 lake county sheriff's told me as they were checking my license to see if I had the airbrake endorsement.... Its in the rules of the road book. It states that air over hydraulic brakes fall in that category for a air brake endorsement. It could've been covered in multiple places but the law book is still right. Your right that our trucks are 13,000 pounds but what the bull crap part is, is that with the air over hydraulic brakes. Make it fall in the cdl category. You can run it how ever you choose. We all are illegal one way or another with these trucks....lol. Some guys don't register them and drive them anywhere anyway. Some don't even stop for the police and just act plain military.... Anyways, what's your thoughts on the meeting?

gungearz

You guys I said a club. Not another social community with more people to socialize with. I'm talking about a club that has a hang out where we can work on our trucks without worrying about weather, a place to temporarily store our equipment and a facility that has the equipment we need to make working on our trucks headache free and a comfortable climate for when some of us are in the dog house with our little wifies. Any suggestions? Rallies, barbecues, family get togethers, camping, do any of these places exist in the chicagoland area?

ryan77

You guys I said a club. Not another social community with more people to socialize with. I'm talking about a club that has a hang out where we can work on our trucks without worrying about weather, a place to temporarily store our equipment and a facility that has the equipment we need to make working on our trucks headache free and a comfortable climate for when some of us are in the dog house with our little wifies. Any suggestions? Rallies, barbecues, family get togethers, camping, do any of these places exist in the chicagoland area?
Not at the moment but we can start one! We can be the 1% of the mv community! So it has to be a outlaw type club!!! Lol

Danl

Danl M915A1

:deadhorse:
Joilet is far south of me im still recovering from entering " The war of southern disobedience" territory!!!!:p:p

Thanks once again Rich for helping me out it was a pleasure meeting you!!!
WOW, You Guys Are Hard, But I Like It You Stay On Top Of These Guys

6x6guy

I was talking to another MV'er the other day, and the the subject ended up on the air assist breaking system and he said - that a cars breaking system " every car on the road has air vacuum
assist system". I guess it depends if it's blowing or sucking air is the question in the system. :roll:

rustyoldtanker

wow. thanks guys. :) There are a few of you out in my neck o the woods. Glad to see. As for MV clubs and the like, I think I need to actually GET the MV to get there. My old tanker boots don't qualify.

As for the CDL for the deuce, will have to look into that one, have a few family friends that can answer that one for us.

Glad to be here all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks