• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from Spring Hill KS

tviles

20170606_192751.jpg

Hello from Spring Hill KS bought a MEP-003a from Fort Riley and it has about 5 cut wires. Trying to figure out where they go using the four TM I downloaded from here. Will post again if I cannot figure out which TM to find pinouts on the connectors.
Thanks Tracy
2607 hours on the 003

someoldmoose

I suspect it could haul a bunch. The TM says 5000 lb. Payload but we all know those are just guidelines. Load her til the tires rub, then take out half a cord.

tviles

Guyfang thanks for the greetings I downloaded the TM's for the 003 which I believe you posted. Also noticed I have been moved into the correct forum so thanks for whoever did that. In the picture that shows the red wire on the negative post of the starter is marking one of the wires that was cut off. What I see is a cannon connector largest one on the back of the control head that has a wire cut close to the connector. Which TM will allow me to form a better question. Connector number, pin number, etc.
Thanks Tracy

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
View attachment 683840

Hello from Spring Hill KS bought a MEP-003a from Fort Riley and it has about 5 cut wires. Trying to figure out where they go using the four TM I downloaded from here. Will post again if I cannot figure out which TM to find pinouts on the connectors.
Thanks Tracy
2607 hours on the 003
Hey partner!

It would be better that you start a thread for your gen set problem. You are not getting visibility for your problem, because its hidden. Your title, "Greetings from Spring Hill, KS, doesn't tell anyone you have a problem. Just that you're saying "Howdy" to us all and we are welcoming you to the Forum. Start a thread, titled, "MEP-003A needs help." Or something like that. Both the -34 and the -12 manuals have the schematics and wire diagrams you need to fix your problem. You need to know the canon plug number, and the wire number, or the pin letter on the Canon plug. The red wire is not standard, so that means someone before your time, "fixed" it. If you cant find the canon plug numbers, take pictures. Then we can work from there.

tviles

Copy that I will get a new thread going. I put the red wire on there just to show location since the old wire was completely missing. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks