• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from Texas, Y'all

DieselPowerMullet

83405AED-77C8-446A-A453-46603E97978D.jpeg
I've got to start this post by expressing my gratitude for the existence of this site. I picked up my first MV a few months ago, a M1009 CUCV. This site has been an indispensable resource ever since.

Been a lurker for a long time reading and researching the posts on here, and I finally decided to join on. I'm in Central Texas in the Austin area.

The truck is started it's life in the Army before going to Indiana, where it served with the Yorktown Fire Department in Mt. Pleasant Twp, according to the faded paint.

It's mechanically stock. There is nothing left from its stint with the fire department except for holes from auxiliary lights in the sides and the roof. Also some mystery cables and electrical issues I am sorting through. Namely dash lights not working and a cut horn cable... but that's a discussion for another thread.

Thanks y'all! Glad to be a part of the community!

B62F45BB-9536-4C44-A600-B9757A083460.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 919624
I've got to start this post by expressing my gratitude for the existence of this site. I picked up my first MV a few months ago, a M1009 CUCV. This site has been an indispensable resource ever since.

Been a lurker for a long time reading and researching the posts on here, and I finally decided to join on. I'm in Central Texas in the Austin area.

The truck is started it's life in the Army before going to Indiana, where it served with the Yorktown Fire Department in Mt. Pleasant Twp, according to the faded paint.

It's mechanically stock. There is nothing left from its stint with the fire department except for holes from auxiliary lights in the sides and the roof. Also some mystery cables and electrical issues I am sorting through. Namely dash lights not working and a cut horn cable... but that's a discussion for another thread.

Thanks y'all! Glad to be a part of the community!

View attachment 919625
Welcome to the Outfit!

Nice looking vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks