• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings, Im new and full of questions.

Herls

Hello everyone. I'll be posting this and another message with questions in the CUCV section. Please head over there if you can and see if you can help me out!

My names Camden. 28 years old. Live in New England. Have a wonderful lady and 18 month old boy. I'm about to head down to Kentucky to buy an 85 CUCV with 67,000 miles on it. I'll be flying down and driving it back up, here's hoping it doesn't have any sneaky problems!

I work as a full time Firefighter / paramedic. I was in the guard as an 11B until the vaccine debacle, so having a truck that was once a part of the military as well seems fitting to me. I'm looking forward to the journey, and you're help!

-Camden

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello everyone. I'll be posting this and another message with questions in the CUCV section. Please head over there if you can and see if you can help me out!

My names Camden. 28 years old. Live in New England. Have a wonderful lady and 18 month old boy. I'm about to head down to Kentucky to buy an 85 CUCV with 67,000 miles on it. I'll be flying down and driving it back up, here's hoping it doesn't have any sneaky problems!

I work as a full time Firefighter / paramedic. I was in the guard as an 11B until the vaccine debacle, so having a truck that was once a part of the military as well seems fitting to me. I'm looking forward to the journey, and you're help!

-Camden
Welcome to the Outfit!

Got a section here for the Technical Manuals (TM's). Don't hesitate to pull down the books for your truck. There is a pretty simple "-10" that is the Operators Manual, then there are others as well. Having access to the parts books might help you fix a lot of things.

Welcome again and I hope you have a safe trip back home.

Herls

……welcome from Germany………I hope there will be some photos
When I get my hands on the truck I'll definitely send some, but here's some from the seller.

It's got 64,000 miles on it now. Paying $7000 cash and putting $5000 of work into the interior
Needs nothing mechanically. All new fluid and seals and such

My plan is to remove the smoke stack exhaust. The wood side wall on the bed has been removed as well as the big tank in the bed per my request. Only has two spots of rust one on the bottom corner of the driver door and two spots right behind both doors where the panel from the rear windshield runs down to the bottom of the truck. I'll be getting those patched at some point.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks