• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grenade Shifter

MrM4

I like the grenade idea, I have a short belt of live ammo out of a 249SAW around the shifter of one of my rigs. A freind of mine used a 338 lupa casing to make a "t" handled shift knob in the truck he uses to guide hunters.

O.D. Fever

If your in the area of Howard City, Mi. We have baseball, lemons and pinapples in stock all with the spring kits installed. Don't pull the pin or you might break your windsheild with the flying handle.. I'm glad this is not Calf. the kids here still take these to show and tell.. (not):grin:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want 2 of them. I think drilled in the center this would make a decent feel T-Handle.

O.D. Fever, how do I order them..?

3rdmdqm

I made mine at first with the top/firing mechanism facing upward, but that was a little rough on my alabaster hands. So I laid it down sideways in a vice on my drill press and drilled and tapped the hole and made it a t-handle style.
I like this T-handle style and also tried one this way but have not installed. My only concern was the body of the grenade is very thin, it only allowed for about three threads when tapped. Have you noticed any issues with stripping, looseness, damage to the end of the shifter or play due to the small thread surface?

machinist75

No not yet. It's a pretty fine thread so there should be around 5 to 7 threads. I used a nut to back it up so it would stay in the location I wanted it.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking of drilling one then filling the grenade with epoxy. Then when it sets up its all 1 piece and the epoxy makes its own tap. The added weight will help the shifter slide in easier. Thats my 2 cents...:driver:

Tlauden

Cool setups, last time I was at Coleman's I was looking at these trying to figure out if I wanted to do this mod. Is the stock deuce shift nob threaded on though? I've tried a million time to unscrew it and it won't budge, I've never taken tools to it though. I figure once I'm ready to do this mod a nice big pipe wrench will take it off one way or the other :p

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Thanks for the tips & info. guys, Now I know what to do with my pineapple.

Since my gearshift is on the column, I will try to use it on my 4wd transfer lever,
on the floor.

Good night

CJ