• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

grey wire

wjf32

I am currently gutting my cucvm1009, behind the drivers seat in the panel ,there is a thick grey wire that comes from inside the panel where the seatbelt hangs from. It is stretched across the back pan and has been cut. Any ideas what this wires purpose is?

LT67

The seat belts are supposed to lock up under hard braking. Perhaps it's the wire going to you seat belt unit...

Keith_J

Seat belt actuators are inertial. Pure mechanical. There are seat belt warning sensors, wires to these are black and white.

wjf32

Seat belt actuators are inertial. Pure mechanical. There are seat belt warning sensors, wires to these are black and white.
No this is a thick wire about the diameter of a dime that comes out of the side panel where the seat belt retractors are mounted

wjf32

"wire about the diameter of a dime"
You better take the time and find where that went to.............
Yeah I will, it’s cut with no connection on one end and it’s loose in the panel cavity. Doesn’t appear to go to anything but the wire is to big not to go to something

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks