• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Griffin Industries

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran into a couple of guys at a Burger King. They were going to inspect the grease setup before doing business with the store.

Griffin plans to really crank up production of biodiesel. They are a subsidiary of Darling International, one of the largest renderers.

Griffin Industries, Bio G-3000
Darling International Inc.

On one hand, it may mean a more scarce source of grease traps for home refiners, on the other hand, a high quality public source of biodiesel which Griffin claims they have a new product made with grease but no "diesel" that will not gel and has the same power. I find the no-gel part of the gentleman's claim to be most interesting. The only downside of the product might be the lack of the customary "french fries" odor of home brew. I did not find this new product on their site yet.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A few years ago I had a conversation with a guy from Griffin about running their recovery trucks on Waste Vegie Oil....at that time the party line was that there was more money in selling the recovered grease to the animal feed industry rather than altenative fuel.

Looks like they changed their minds.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a biodiesel company about 5 miles from my house. My wife even made an intro to one of the guys working there but I never followed up with them. Maybe I should contact them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks