• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grille Cover.

Ugg013

Howdy:

Glad the sites back online. :shock: Anywho, does anyone have the mounting intructions for the Artic Grille Cover for the deuce, of where I can locate it? When I got my heater kit, a cover was included, bit I can'r seem to locate the mounting instructions, and the hardware that came with it don't look right.

TIA
Ugg 8)

Ugg013

Bjorn:

Got it, Thanks. [thumbzup] I'm sure this'll help a bit. Now if I can only get the heater mounted. It seems ya need a mounting plate for it and I was promised one, but I guess it got lost in the shuffle. :cry:

Later
Ugg 8)

Ugg013

Howdy:

Does anyone have photos (closeups) of the cover installed? O noticed holes on the top of the cover that look like the holes on the roof canvas where tabs slide thru and turn, but can't figure out if in fact that's what they are for or for something else? :?

TIA
Ugg 8)

Armada

All you really need is the loops installed for the spring connections on the side of the cover. Then just take the tie strings that are hanging on the top and sides of the cover and feed them through the slots you spoke of and lace it to the brush gaurd. It won't flap or go anywhere.

Ugg013

Armada:

Thanks for the info. BTW, how close are you to Muskegan?

Boatcarpenter:

Oh no, your not late, I haven't started to do the install yet. THANKS! So actually, those loops mount to the grille guard and ya run the straps thru to lash the cover in place, right? BTW, what are those aligator clips for?

Thanks
Ugg 8)

Boatcarpenter

Yes, I mounted the loops upright and then bent them horizontal. There are some straps on the underside of the flap near the top that go through those clips after the flap is rolled up to hold it in place.

Armada

And if you don't want to mount the loops, feed the strap through the hole and wrap it around the gaurd. The straps are long enough.

And I'm about 2 hours from Muskegan.

CGarbee

I just installed one on my M37 and am in the market for one for my M35A2C (anybody got one for sale at a decent price?). They use the same basic mounting method and the drill size that I used for the screws was a 17.

Ugg013

Armada:

Cool. Have ya ever gone and seen the Silversides? I used to work on her while she was moored here in Windy. Spent many an hour with a pin gun taking old paint off.

Later
Ugg 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks