• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

grindin my starter shim

BigDuck

Has any one had to grind on their starter shim to get it to fit? mine is hitting the starter housing and only allowing one hole to line up...I had to temp just leave the one side moved forward so it didnt block the bolt from going thru, i gotta grind out a lil of the shim to make it right sooner rather than later!!!!

beanman1

well lets ask if the starter that you have is a direct drive or a gear reduction starter, ifs ita gear reduction you do not need the shim

watkinssr

well lets ask if the starter that you have is a direct drive or a gear reduction starter, ifs ita gear reduction you do not need the shim
Gear reduction came with either a shim or no-shim housing. I had a gear reduction with a shim housing, but I replaced it with a no-shim.

According to the manufacturer, even if you have a no-shim housing on a motor made before the no shim housing came out you still may need to use a shim. I didn't have to.

BigDuck

it was there when i took it off so i just figured it needed it , i have the old style direct drive, judging by a photo another fellow posted back in febuary when i had it rebuilt and that questions came up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks