• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grommet and retainer

HAWK101

IMG.jpgHi can someone help me out????

I'm in the process of installing a battery box, as my M didn't have one when I purchased her.
Now,,, I know the battery box itself has a Grommet and retainers top right, and the floor pan also has the same set of grommets and retainers.
In my copy of the TM 9-8031-2 the image above shows the floor grommet and retainer basically in front of the battery box.
The attached photo below, is the hole in my floor, that is not in the same position as in the TM.
As you look down into my M37B1 battery area, the cable hole is on the right side and on the angled piece of floor pan, and it doesn't look like the retainer will fit in there?
Was there a difference in positioning, between the M37 and the B1, and will the same battery box grommet and retainer fit in where my floor hole is positioned ????
Any help is appreciated, even photos if possible?
Hawk101

Attachments

majorhitt

As Bert said, a pic a little further out would help. However, I looked at my 51 M37. It appears the hole in your pic is to the left of the battery box location. Is it possible the floor was repaired by a previous owner and a new location for the cable made?

HAWK101

Finally got a pic,,
Majorhitt, I had a look underneath the truck today, and I think your right, look's like it has had some sort of repair, and whoever done it??? kept the original cable hole area, but just moved it over.
In the attached pic I've circled in red where the cable hole is now, the hole looks massive in this pic, but it is just like the battery box hole for the grommet and retainer, as in photo in first post.Sorry about pic quality or lack off, Ive still not rigged up lighting in the lock up, and pic was taken on camera phone.
I guess ill just have to adapt the retainers slighty,as I think the grommet will be fine?

Attachments

Last edited:

HAWK101

Been a while, but managed to get the battery box installed etc, made a new hole for the battery cable's(in the correct position via TM)
and patched the old one.
Before and after
IMG_2123.jpgIMG_2132.jpg

majorhitt

Things are a bit clearer now, I didn't know the battery box was mad of wood. Now with the proper box in place the whole area looks better. Great job!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks