• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grommet, large type, M1009 top

Warren Lovell

Hello everbody,
I'm just getting ready to paint my M1009. I removed tow weathered grommets from the left and right side of my M1009 removable top. Does anyone know where I can find new grommets? There look to be nearly 1.5" dia and approx 1" deep.

Thanks

Warren Lovell
San Diego

sawgunner1

Hello everbody,
I'm just getting ready to paint my M1009. I removed tow weathered grommets from the left and right side of my M1009 removable top. Does anyone know where I can find new grommets? There look to be nearly 1.5" dia and approx 1" deep.

Thanks

Warren Lovell
San Diego
It's a standard GM part.

The dealer should have some.

pbrstreetgang

What part number did you order from the McMaster Carr catalog that fits the CUCV Top hole? Is there a grommet that just fills (seals) the whole. Mine lets the rain in.

Warren Lovell

After thinking I had the right one , it is not. So -I'm back to square one...and the grommet is apparently for the attenna cable to enter the vehicle.

Does anyone have any leads for new grommets?

Dodgeman1941

This isn't original, what worked great for us, go to the hardware store and pick up hole plugs like they use with plumbing and on boats, you know, the ones with the rubber plug between the 2 washers, with the carrage bolt and wing nut. We went with the wing nut to the inside, and it's a snap to remove to run and extension cords, ect into the vehicle. Ours was just a touch big but a little buzz on an edge sander and bingo, perfect fit. PS. give the SS washer and car bolt a roughing up b4 painting or the paint will start flaking off the stainless.

Last edited:

Mudstone

again... are you guys talking about the rubber stoppers on the side of the cap... i just looked in the -20p and i can't find it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are in the -20 manual. page 439, figure 202 and the -34 manual, page 544, figure 237

If you right click and "Open Link in New Window" the picture is readable.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mudstone

not to hijack but i need 1 or 2 if you can spare for both of us. Hawkman, def give warren priority since this is his thread.

Warren Lovell

i just read your post and did in fact pick up two bilge plugs that will seal out the water. they'll do until i hook up the rt524, but i carry my 3 kids in the back and the tray was removed because it interfered with kid's seating. Still looking for the correct grommets...