• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grooving 9.00x20 NDT's for winter

johnfire6

I just got my Deuce a month or so ago and I have been going thru all the fluids and bearings to make sure it is good to go, the only large bill hanging over my head is my concern with the tires in the snow, my truck has darn near brand new 9.00x20 NDT's on it all around which seem to work well despite what I have heard but I do believe the opinions about them being bad in snow with out chains ( here in Michigan chains are illegal ) my question is has anyone tried to put a couple of mild grooves or sniped these tires to help with ice and snow? Thanks ahead of time for any help

Flyingvan911

I haven't had any trouble with mine in snow. That's driving in town with 3 or 4 inches of snow on the road. Just like any other vehicle in snow, drive slowly and avoid quick changes in speed/direction.