• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ground Up Build Begins

cucvrus

Meet Mr Rusty | Page 5 | SteelSoldiers
May I recommend that you replace all 4 leaf springs as you rebuild the truck. It makes a world of difference on these old trucks. It gives the OEM firm ride and drivability back. Even sitting parked empty, it has held that weight for over 35 years. Just an idea. It is worth the money spent. Just painting old springs looks nice but that is about it.

Toddbo35

Meet Mr Rusty | Page 5 | SteelSoldiers
May I recommend that you replace all 4 leaf springs as you rebuild the truck. It makes a world of difference on these old trucks. It gives the OEM firm ride and drivability back. Even sitting parked empty, it has held that weight for over 35 years. Just an idea. It is worth the money spent. Just painting old springs looks nice but that is about it.
I've already torn the springs down blasted and painted. The springs I have only had 17k miles on them. I very likely will lift the truck a little once I'm done so at that time I will reevaluate the springs. Thanks for the suggestion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks