• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ground Wire Location Question

Varkataz

Hello I have bought my first M1009 1986 6.2L where can I find the ground wire for the Passenger Rear lights? all my lights work expect these it's driving me crazy chasing ground wires cleaning and such even replaced the plugs passenger side blink won't work but I hear the clicking also my instruments don't light up my driver side works fine...when I hit flashers they all work except the rear passenger i've read countless threads and none of them point to a ground location nor do their fix solve mine I have actually got my wipers to now not work due to me trying these fixes..ha ha and the TM did not shed any light on this..thanks!

Varkataz

The ground on the tail lamps is located behind each tail lamp and the main rear ground is on top of the frame.
Thank you I seen that one when I changed the plug I took it off and clean it some and rebolted it down still nothing..BUT I did not get down to shiny metal again could these be why just rear pass won't light up? can I splice it at the boot and run my own ground? again thanks

cucvrus

At this point in time you could have any varied issues going on back there. A test lamp or volt meter is what you need to check. i break in the wire anything could be going on back there. Dive into it head first and see what you find.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to connect a lot of dots to use the tech manuals. They do not cover every issue that may arise. They are good at pointing you in the right direction.

The wiring diagrams are in the appendix.

Need to know where all the grounds are located? I'll save you the trouble of looking for all of them. Looking at the CUCV Helpful Threads sticky (most stickies cover common questions) there is a CUCV Ground location thread.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?120289-CUCV-Electrical-Ground-Locations

And you might try using some punctuation. It make posts easier to read. ;-)

Last edited:

Varkataz

Still nothing i"m not sure on chevy but I think there is a brake light switch? my rear doesn't work at all or brakes only the dirver rear when i use my blinker on that side or hazzards =(

LjpWNY

Might not be a ground problem, I had this nightmare with my truck, turns out most of the light sockets were shot, this is a common problem with these trucks, another local CUCV owner told me about these, they would check out then crap out, you just might want to check the sockets, just my 2 cents....good luck