• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grove Crane Winch for HEMTT's, MTV's, LVS and PLS.

tobyS

I'm going to update this thread. A lot has happened. The winch is back together, but taken a back burner to the other 22 "projects".

A SS member made me an offer to sell an entire 4 section Grove crane at a great price , but I just couldn't do it. My project is an M35A3 4x4, so a smaller truck than that cranes optimum use, a 5 ton. I don't know if he sold it.

I realized that the body of the brake section on the winch did not have the port locations in the same place as before. It does not appear to affect the operation. To change it requires disassembly of the entire brake unit....again. If it needs to be changed to have a better location for the (control) hydraulic lines to route, I'll do it as I install it.

I have a hydraulic diagram for the crane that includes the brake and drain lines. Most of it makes sense now, not all. I'll try to take a couple photo's with the I pad and edit this post to add them.

Attachments

Last edited:

tobyS

I believe there may be a roller that I'm missing on the spring loaded piece that holds the cable against the spool, so when the line is slack, it does not unwind.

I had the few SS pieces to plumb it to trial fit the hydraulic lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks