• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guage install question

CROM

Have any of you guys installed a tachometer or an engine temp guage in your M1009/M1008? I'd like to monitor both measurements, but am not sure where to find guages that would install or how to wire them.

OL AG '89

Several old posts on this subject. Have you done a search yet?
The tach for the diesel is available at any parts store or on-line.
Need to specify Diesel Tach.
Which engine temp?
Exhaust Gas, Oil, Water......?
Again these are just regular gauges mentioned in several other posts.
I just added a transmission gauge to mine, still looking for T fitting to tap into trans lines.

Good Luck DO the search!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did an Advanced Search for Tachometer, in the CUCV forum. Here the results.

Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite - Search Results

How did you search?

I have an Autometer tach that uses a sensor that is installed on the Alternator. It requires calibration. I used a Kent Moore Tach-n-Time tach to calibrate it.

Your easiest installation, would be a "Tiny Tach".

1986Blazerk5

I added oil pressure and water temperature, I think its good to have both, as for the tach autometer makes a good one but its around 140 but I heard it works great there is a guy on here the installed one and it looks and works great.