• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

guage install...some pics.

Said i'd post some pics on my guage install...

guages are 2-1/16" autometer shortsweep electrics.model #2634 for oil and #2635 for water.the empty cup is for an as yet to be installed pyro (mod # 2634).
the cups are dash mount,2-1/16",model # 2204,in black.

The oil pressure sensor was tapped into a tee...with another fitting to take the stock idiot light.i wanted to keep the dash light to give a bright visual alarm in case a line blew.you can also see the cam sensor that i plan to use for a tach signal to my trans controller.
since i no longer need the vac pump that was used for the thm-400,i pulled it and installed a cam sensor.

Ccattlet sugested i did the wrong thing by putting the water temp sensor in the left front head...reason being that is the spot for the water temp sensor for the glow plug controller.had a look at the tm's and he's right.gave myself a mental kick and went to find out why nothing changed when i pulled it.turns out that the wire was broken some time ago.didn't notice simply because i don't do much stop and go driving...i usually start cold,then go to my destination and restart some hours later...it did seem starnge that the glows would come on after only sitting for a couple hours,but i put it down to some 6.2 spooky behavior.oh well.

i have a fix in the works to reinstall the sensor and repair the wiring.post later.

Attachments

Croatan_Kid

Nice information and pics! Now I can tackle that project myself at a later point in time. Also, where'd you get the new dash pad or is it new? I really need one. How does the came sensor work? Is that what I'll need to use to put a regular old tach on my truck?

Oh, and how much oil pressure do you have?