• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

guage install...some pics.

Said i'd post some pics on my guage install...

guages are 2-1/16" autometer shortsweep electrics.model #2634 for oil and #2635 for water.the empty cup is for an as yet to be installed pyro (mod # 2634).
the cups are dash mount,2-1/16",model # 2204,in black.

The oil pressure sensor was tapped into a tee...with another fitting to take the stock idiot light.i wanted to keep the dash light to give a bright visual alarm in case a line blew.you can also see the cam sensor that i plan to use for a tach signal to my trans controller.
since i no longer need the vac pump that was used for the thm-400,i pulled it and installed a cam sensor.

Ccattlet sugested i did the wrong thing by putting the water temp sensor in the left front head...reason being that is the spot for the water temp sensor for the glow plug controller.had a look at the tm's and he's right.gave myself a mental kick and went to find out why nothing changed when i pulled it.turns out that the wire was broken some time ago.didn't notice simply because i don't do much stop and go driving...i usually start cold,then go to my destination and restart some hours later...it did seem starnge that the glows would come on after only sitting for a couple hours,but i put it down to some 6.2 spooky behavior.oh well.

i have a fix in the works to reinstall the sensor and repair the wiring.post later.

Attachments

Croatan_Kid

Nice information and pics! Now I can tackle that project myself at a later point in time. Also, where'd you get the new dash pad or is it new? I really need one. How does the came sensor work? Is that what I'll need to use to put a regular old tach on my truck?

Oh, and how much oil pressure do you have?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks