• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guess I won me a Deuce today

JCKnife

I spoke with somebody at that number you posted, GJ; he said they're arranging for people to come out on 10/15 at 10:00 am.

Call them up with your name and lot# to make the appointment. I guess some people are picking up trucks from the prior auction on that day as well.

See you there!

Last edited:

number9

I called and left a voicemail today too. Hope 10-15 isn't the only day they will let people come out. I have been on vacation the last month and we have a guy out next week, so I will be hard pressed to be able to take another day off this soon. I'll try my luck though.

number9

BTW I went to both previews at Frankfort and took a few notes on just about every truck that sold. If you bought sight-unseen I'd be happy to share the notes I took. Just tell me the lot#. I left my sheet at home today but I'll answer this evening.
Hey, my truck was lot# 6957 and I'd love to get whatever notes you have on it. THANKS !!!!!!!

greenjeepster

Oopps, sorry about the 1 in the 502 area code:oops: I never did get a call back today so I will try again tomorrow. I will be there one way or another the first chance they give me. I hope the windows on some of those trucks got rolled back up before this rain came through. I know the windows on lot 6943 were down. Not that the rain will hurt much, but it would be nice to know that our trucks are not getting soaked down on the inside.

I got my EUC faxed in today, will start bugging them tomorrow about it to make sure they got it. I didn't sleep at all last night laying there trying to count out to see about when I can pick the trucks up. I was hoping it would be before November deer season because I would like to take one of them down to Trigg country to our lease, but if it takes 45 days it will be early December.

number9

I got my EUC, photo ID and Export Letter emailed in today too. Chatted with Heidi on GL and she was fantastic help and very pleasant to deal with.

BTW, my invoice is showing up on GL now and it shows the Balance Due with the full price there - where is is supposed to say "PAID" as mentioned in the text above the link to the invoice.......

You can now download and print your OFFICIAL Government Liquidation invoice for this sale. Please note that this invoice is only deemed valid if marked "PAID".

greenjeepster

I got my EUC, photo ID and Export Letter emailed in today too. Chatted with Heidi on GL and she was fantastic help and very pleasant to deal with.

BTW, my invoice is showing up on GL now and it shows the Balance Due with the full price there - where is is supposed to say "PAID" as mentioned in the text above the link to the invoice.......

That is for load out, you will have to show a paid invoice in order to load out. You will be marked paid by then as long as you did pay for the lots.:wink:

91W350

I do not think they mark them paid until the EUC comes back or is approved from Battle Creek. I am waiting patiently, well.. semi-patiently..

number9

So the wife and kids are out of town tonight and I've got all day tomorrow free. Anyone that went to Frankfort to view the trucks, can you see them from the main highway or a public road? I'd drive over there and peek through the fence at them if I could see them.

JCKnife

So the wife and kids are out of town tonight and I've got all day tomorrow free. Anyone that went to Frankfort to view the trucks, can you see them from the main highway or a public road? I'd drive over there and peek through the fence at them if I could see them.

No, they'e waaaaaaaaaay back from the main road, you can't see them from anywhere off-base that I'm aware of.

Unless you own a helicopter, and even that would be a bad idea I'd guess. :shock:

greenjeepster

LOL... if you drove around back on Pea Ridge road and was willing to trespass through a farmers field you might be able to see them through the fence.

We will be watching for your arrest on the local news:grin:

bc35339

The two I won were 6955 for $2601 and 6913 for $1640. Did anyone happen to see those and have any opinion on them?
I havent seen them in person but from the pictures it looks like you got yourself 2 great looking trucks. I wanted to bid on 55 but I knew by the way it looked it was going for more $ then I wanted to spend!!!! Looks like you got a great deal on truck 13. Both looks to be hardtops w heat & winch. Which is what i was after. You might have read I won truck 44 and I have another one sitting in frankfort from the last sale that Im waiting to pick up.

JCKnife

The two I won were 6955 for $2601 and 6913 for $1640. Did anyone happen to see those and have any opinion on them?
As stated both have hard tops and heaters. My notes for 55 said "good seats in back, dead battery." For 13 I wrote "started."

Both have springer seats and a switch for the front axle.

number9

Was out at Tractor Supply today looking around and noticed they have Rotella-T 15W-40 in 5gal pail on sale for $49.xx until Oct 24th I think. That sounds like a pretty good price doesn't it? Unfortunately they were out of stock on them today but I will keep checking in with them and try and pick a couple up for when I get to bring my Deuce home. Looks like by the time my wait is over I will have a cold weather recovery :-x

The pics of my Deuce shows the driver side steer tire is flat. What size socket will I need to get the wheel off and change it out? Do these tires have tubes in them?

greenjeepster

Was out at Tractor Supply today looking around and noticed they have Rotella-T 15W-40 in 5gal pail on sale for $49.xx until Oct 24th I think. That sounds like a pretty good price doesn't it? Unfortunately they were out of stock on them today but I will keep checking in with them and try and pick a couple up for when I get to bring my Deuce home. Looks like by the time my wait is over I will have a cold weather recovery :-x

I was thinking about the cold weather recovery last night actually. Both my trucks have heat, but there was a bunch there that did not. Some of these trucks will be going long distances, hope the new owners are not planning on driving them. They fog up fast and it will really suck if they have to drive any distance with the windshields pushed open.

JL628

You might have read I won truck 44 and I have another one sitting in frankfort from the last sale that Im waiting to pick up.[/quote]

I also have another on in San Antonio I won but I am waiting on my EUC. I went to look it over after I won it and it has no brakes and the engine appears to be seized. It does have almost new tires on it but I wish I had not won that one.
No top at all, no cargo cover, one broken windshield but I got it for $980. We tried to push start it but no luck. And there was a bad noise coming from the passenger side front axle. Guess this will be my parts truck.

I plan to drive to Frankfurt in a small car and take a tow bar with me. Ideally, I want to put the little car (Saturn) in the bed of one and tow the other. Anything wrong with this plan?

bc35339

I was thinking about the cold weather recovery last night actually. Both my trucks have heat, but there was a bunch there that did not. Some of these trucks will be going long distances, hope the new owners are not planning on driving them. They fog up fast and it will really suck if they have to drive any distance with the windshields pushed open.

I plan on driving my 2 home. Only about 55-60 miles. I seen someone on here earlier say that they bought 1 by mistake and he was planning (I think he said) 900 mile trip home!!!!!! (WOW) At 7 miles a gallon thats128 gallons of fuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks