• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guess what it is? It's off a "Deuce"

cbvet

I will guess there is a small electrical plug-in to the upper right of the passenger side headlight too.
My first Deuce had the "arctic" setup.
I know what it is.

scrapman

It's a gotstahavit, I bid last nights pizza crust, an unknown beverage in a jar ( could possibly be a forgotten medical specimen ) and some toenail clippings. (assorted colors )

tm america

it is the coolant heater for the swingfire heater it mounts just under the pas side headlight . but it would make a heck of a spud luncher :twisted: what did you say soccer mom here have this potato:roll:

The correct answers were from: Jones,cbvet, and tm america! General Jones has a good explanation of what it is and does. How does one give all three of them a 5th Star? Thanks guys for responding,It was fun!! Elkhunter PS: It does go onto the hole below the left headlight.

Last edited:

Stan Leschert

And here I thought that it was some Alaskan device to keep your beer from freezing solid! Either that or a receptacle to keep the ice cubes for my Canadian Club and Coke! Well you gotta be creative!

Last edited:

greenjeepster

Now I have a question!

Why is Left and Right always backwards on a military vehicles? If you read the TM for bumper markings they call the passenger side the left side. just like Elk did. If you go to a truck supply company and ask for a left tie rod or fender or anything else it is the drivers side;-)

WPNS421

It's a German heater schern---- swingheater whatever, it fits in the hole in the hole beneath the headlight and is used to warm up the engine. The give away that it is German made is the NSN the second number is a 12 and that means it's German. Cdn military used something similar in the water buffalos, there is a sealed tube extending into the water and you heat the tube which heats the water.

WPNS421

There usually is no insulation, if you take a look in the engine compartment you'll see that the pipe is near the manifold and the tube is not a tight fit and you do get heat loss where it is inserted into the truck. Don't forget the pipe is suppose to heat the entire engine compartment. The biggest thing is if you have to use this it must really be cold or the truck has not been started in a long time and someone should be watching it. It will probably melt the ice and snow on the truck..