• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guess what it sold for at auction!

tomelroy

I have been looking at buying another HMMWV (M1165A1 REV B). I have been shying away from the pristine looking ones because of the insane prices they have been going for. Here are my notes from one I was thinking about bidding on recently

No headlights
Mismatched tires, one MT bald, one BAJA, two MTRs
Missing mud flap
Destroyed drives side x door, including busted glass
Issues with serial number
Description says it would crank, but not run...yet the videos show it running.
Has been touched up with a rattle can...including tires

Hopefully it goes for a reasonable price??

And the final sale price was???

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck there was a decent looking truck, had an exposed engine IIRC that did not get a 4800 bid this week.

Action

I have been looking at buying another HMMWV (M1165A1 REV B). I have been shying away from the pristine looking ones because of the insane prices they have been going for. Here are my notes from one I was thinking about bidding on recently

No headlights
Mismatched tires, one MT bald, one BAJA, two MTRs
Missing mud flap
Destroyed drives side x door, including busted glass
Issues with serial number
Description says it would crank, but not run...yet the videos show it running.
Has been touched up with a rattle can...including tires

Hopefully it goes for a reasonable price??

And the final sale price was???
What is “REV B”?

Action

I have both REV A and REV B M1165A1’s…yes, it is a correct term.
So rev a and rev b stand for revision a and revision b? The only place i can find any mention of this is on gear report’s website. They show this....
1647880514154.jpeg
all the things in red (rev b) are on the basic REV trucks. Rear diff cooler (red) was around before the REV trucks.
So according to this image, “rev a” is a non REV truck. An ECV. This image is copyrighted by gear report. They made it.

M1165A1

So rev a and rev b stand for revision a and revision b? The only place i can find any mention of this is on gear report’s website. They show this....
View attachment 862150
all the things in red (rev b) are on the basic REV trucks. Rear diff cooler (red) was around before the REV trucks.
So according to this image, “rev a” is a non REV truck. An ECV. This image is copyrighted by gear report. They made it.
Hey Steve is it also correct to your knowledge that the REV B are the >300K range? I've seen lots of ECV trucks (especially M1151A1s) in the 200K range and always assumed those were the basic ECV/Rev A?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 862150
REV A rear diff cooler is PS fluid
REV B Tcase and rear differential are Glycol cooled.

Action

REV A rear diff cooler is PS fluid
REV B Tcase and rear differential are Glycol cooled.
So rev a and rev b, “rev” stands for revision?
When did we start calling ECV trucks “rev a”? They are not Reliability Enhanced Vehicles. Those are 300,000 and up.

real quick, what is the last line of Queen’s “we are the champions”? Dont look it up.

Last edited: