• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guess what it sold for at auction!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So rev a and rev b, “rev” stands for revision?
When did we start calling ECV trucks “rev a”? They are not Reliability Enhanced Vehicles. Those are 300,000 and up.

real quick, what is the last line of Queen’s “we are the champions”? Dont look it up.
REV doesn’t stand for revision, it stands for Reliability Enhanced Vehicle

Action

REV doesn’t stand for revision, it stands for Reliability Enhanced Vehicle
Exactly, which started with serial numbers 300,000.

Where did REV A and REV B come from?
no one has answered the Queen song question. It isn't "we are the champions of the world". Weird that most people think that is it, because someone started saying it, then more and more people were saying it.
Here is the pic that was on AM General's website when the REV started in 2007/2008. The models before this were ECV.

springer1981

Exactly, which started with serial numbers 300,000.

Where did REV A and REV B come from?
no one has answered the Queen song question. It isn't "we are the champions of the world". Weird that most people think that is it, because someone started saying it, then more and more people were saying it.
Here is the pic that was on AM General's website when the REV started in 2007/2008. The models before this were ECV.

On a side note, I was going to answer your question on Queen earlier and forgot to. I've heard this question brought up before and I grew up listening to Queen. When I was probably 12 or 13 and just getting into Rock music, I had an 8 track tape player in my room and Queen was the 1st tape I had and the only one for a long time. I listened to We are the Champions/We will Rock You. over and over and over. So when I saw your question earlier I kind of knew where you were going. I am 100 % certain that my 8 track ended with "we are the champions of the world". When I got a little older I had the CD and it just ended with "we are the champions". Not long ago I heard this brought up and I went searching about it because I was again 100% certain it ended with "of the world".

So how does it end. The answer is it depends on what version you had. The "Greatest Hits" release in the US didn't have "of the world" on the CD but different version of the Vinyl DID have it. IIRC the UK release had it also.

To me the answer is clearly right here. As sung by Freddie Mercury Live Aid 1985

EDIT: Assuming that is where you were going with this.

Last edited:

M1165A1

Overlooking the fact that the U.S. inflation is now approaching Brazil levels, an M1165A1 like this is a top-of-the-line choice for both a HMMWV and a viable second car. So it doesn't seem that expensive, all things considered.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Overlooking the fact that the U.S. inflation is now approaching Brazil levels, an M1165A1 like this is a top-of-the-line choice for both a HMMWV and a viable second car. So it doesn't seem that expensive, all things considered.
I totally disagree and inflation can’t get high enough to justify the sales price. It is a turd of a truck and a fool bought it! You can get a really nice H1 for that price and you can register it anywhere. Fees and taxes that’s probably a 75,000 truck.

tomelroy

Supply and demand....makes the auctions fun to watch, but could have saved 20+ grand and bought the one on ebay...buyer must have a bunch of oil wells somewhere.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you saw the prices for the very first M998's that sold when they were allowed again in the $30-40K range. Not slantbacks nor X doors. Just plain Jane ... but those folks wanted to be the first to own one after the USMC units had leaked out 10 years earlier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks