• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gulf Coast Rally @ USS Alabama Battleship Park April 9-10

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hoping with fingets crossed.. have to see what i can do.. love that place that time of year.. jim sitting my the water.. cool drink in his hand... the cool breeze.. jim is use to that all the time type stuff:beer:

CajunM35A2

I intend to be there

I intend to be there.:beer:
I have the heavy work done with my repairs (hopefully) and I plan to make the drive in the M35A2.:p
I do not know if I have time to get the paint work done before the event, though.:-(

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jim sitting my the water.. cool drink in his hand... the cool breeze.. jim is use to that all the time type stuff:beer:
Yeah Tim, Mobile is the only place I get to do that. During my last several deployments that hasn't really worked out for me.:roll:

CajunM35A2

Dumb questions

Apologies in abundance and in advance for asking newby questions:

I understand that some folks may convoy over a day or two ahead of time...

What do we do once we get there?
IS this like a MV picnic?
Is this one of these things where we stand by and show the vehicles to visitors?
Where do most people stay the night?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

John

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i dont know if you can camp out there... but a hotel is right on the grounds.. price thought... dont know if any more motels are close.. might could do a google search. i dont know if anyone posted pics for last year or not. and bring your lunch.. only close place to eat is the pricey hotel resterant.

CajunM35A2

The Cajun in me....

The Cajun in me says that if we have a bunch of local folks there we might be able to cook up a pot of jambalaya or BBQ or do something.....

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you stay in the motel at the park try to get a room with a view of the ship. It's a very good view from the motel, and you can walk from the motel to the partk. I routinely stay there while on business in Mobile.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cajun, I don't know about showing early except maybe for a vendor so they can set up first thing in the AM. I think there were some people who camped there but I am not 100% on that (i'd call). There is the hotel right there on site too. It is kind of like a MV picnic in a way with a good sized swap meet and alot of MV's will have the owners showing them off. And as Tim has stated it is right on the water.....:beer:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you are guanteed to have a blast.. those are some super guys.. the members of the la mvpa are convoying over also

lebel1886

Contact info for this event?

I probably want to set up as a vendor at this show. Does anyone have any contact info so I can find out about it? Also, does anyone know how big of a show it is?

Thanks

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sometimes it really big.. other times not... there will be the same group of great venders there and they bring in some super nice stuff... granted alot of jeep parts so you most likely wouldnt find any 5ton parts but alot of standard stuff.. well worth the trip over. :beer:

123mack

I always show up on Friday about lunch. On Friday evening alot of us go to nearby seafood restaurants. For camping, there is Meher state park on the west end of the couseway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks