• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gulfway Ins. Limitation WOES!!!

Deuce_of_Spades

Ok, So you guys with Progressive Ins. on your Deuces, are they underwritten by a collector car ins. that is supplied by Progressive? Meaning, back to the same restrictions? i just want a standard policy that I can go buy a sheet of plywood or run to the dump one in a while and still be covered!

littlebob

I was planning on Gulfway when I get mine on the road. Of course I looked at my options 2-1/2yrs ago. I'm amazed at how many people have State Farm, My Agent wouldn't touch the Deuce. I wonder how many people think they are covered andwoun't be in the event of asn accident.
littlebob

otisroy

I have State Farm and pay $300 and change for liability and comprehensive. Our agent asked a couple times if I wanted collision, but I explained that if someone were to hit me it's gonna be their problem. My trucks spend a majority of their time off-road anyway.

SasquatchSanta

Progressive wouldn't touch my M35, even on a full commercial policy. They said they don't insure military trucks.

I'm wondering if this doesn't have something to do with the state you live in.

I just read my Gulfway policy (written by Travelers) and didn't find any surprises.

Orionspath

Yepper, I had the same reply. I was asked what exactly I did with my "show truck" when not on parade. I explained just light duty around the farm. Sawmill products hauler for fence repairs, hay hauler to the bottom 20, pulling fallen trees out of the pines with the newly installed winch! Running to town to the drive through StarBuckians for a latte.
Needless to say she returned my E-mail and said those uses were not exactly the type of "use" they will insure. "Simple military restorations that sit around waiting for a parade" is what she stated they are in business to insure. I said this truck is on parade every day of it's life........She didn't return my call.

Looks like I'm staying with Progressive. Maybe I'll try USAA again and see if they have a representitive that can understand exactly what this truck is....go figure!
:roll:

Hammer

Wow, I was going to call Gulfway AGAIN soon. I have left a few messages with them and zero response yet.
I have State Farm, commercial policy, so I can do anything I please with it (even make money).
But I pay $209 every 6 months.
And I have a LOT of vehicles on that policy.
Pay more for the deuce then full coverage on my 2001 dodge 2500...

OD_Coyote

My truck is insured buy Gulfway with Travelers as the underwriter and I don't have any restrictions either. I plan on insuring my new truck through Gulfway too, once the EUC gets approved.

lavarok

My Gulfway policy is also underwritten by Travelers and is a commercial policy with a "Collector's Choice" endorsement. This redfines some terms in regards to coverage of insured truck in the event of a "loss". I have not found any restriction in my policy on use of the truck. Gulfway is a broker and it is possible Travelers may not underwrite the same policies or any policies in all states.

Deuce_of_Spades

So I'm getting the feeling that you all are saying that even though Carol at Gulfway said it is not to be used for anything but to and from parades and shows that the actual paperwork has no mention of such restrictions in it? I just dont want to think I'm covered and find that I'm not when I need it. The guy I talked to at Progressive wouldn't touch my Deuce personal or commercial, Neither would USAA, Farmers or Allstate, and this is before I tell them what state I'm in. I'm really getting frustrated. Just want to play in my Deuce...legally and safely!

DanMartin

My Gulfway policy is also underwritten by Travelers and is a commercial policy with a "Collector's Choice" endorsement. This redfines some terms in regards to coverage of insured truck in the event of a "loss". I have not found any restriction in my policy on use of the truck. Gulfway is a broker and it is possible Travelers may not underwrite the same policies or any policies in all states.
:ditto:

No matter what they say on the phone...if it ain't in writing, it's not binding. That works both ways.

scooter01922

I dunno who the heck you guys are talking to at gulfway but that not whom i dealt with a few months ago, went easy as pie and according to my paperwork i'm all good to go regardless of use. NO restrictions on the policy other than the no commercial hauling thing. Planning on sticking with them unless they send me different papers or something.

Crash_AF

I'll have to reread my policy from Gulfway, but the only restriction I have is NO commercial use and trailers aren't covered unless they have their own policy from Gulfway... not sure I understand that, but that's what I was told.

Later,
Joe

baxter

If it wasnt for my wife I would be lost. I ask her about the policy and in less than 30 sec she handed it to me. I have now read it cover to cover for the first time and here is the only exclusion I found it states( coverage does not apply to loss to YOUR INSURED CAR while used to carry persons or property for a charge. ) nowhere does it say anything about parades or hauling personal property or going to the dump. It also covers trailers while attached to my truck.It does have one exclusion that upsets me they will not cover my high dollar stereo system lol. Hope this is of some help.:-D

vaughn

Last edited:

Barrman

Sanya is who I talked to at Gulfway when I was looking to do the Gasser with them. She had no problem with it running around doing truck stuff.

I also called USAA about the Gasser. They said no. I went with JC Taylor and all the restrictions they have because gas was up to $3.50 a gallon at the time and I didn't see myself driving it much.

I got the Whistler and called USAA just to see. They signed me right up as on a regular vehicle policy, no restrictions or anything else. I have the same policy on my Suburban, M715 and M35A2 matter of fact. I asked why they turned me down for the Gasser a few months ago. She had no clue why somebody would tell me that. I will switch the Gasser over when the other policy runs out. $30 per month is what I pay.

I am not trying to turn this thread into an insurance comparison. I just learned that it really matter who you talk to. You guys talking to Carrol at Gulfway got different answers than what Sanyo told me. Dealing with regular vehicle insurance companies is even more a matter of who you talk to in my experience. If you get turned down or don't like the answer, call again and if by some crazy chance, you get the same person, ask for somebody else or a supervisor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks