• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun racks in the humvee

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's 8 below and I just froze my fingers off getting these pics.

Enjoy!

20171231_132645.jpg

20171231_132305.jpg

20171231_132242.jpg

20171231_132714.jpg

I have confirmed that the ones pictured fit the M16A2 perfectly. Dimensions should also accommodate the M16A1.

Shawnshumvee, I have additional relevant pictures available for you via text. Text me if you want them.

I can't openly post them due to site rules. Apparently PM doesn't support pics.

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Airsoft are good (and cheap) ways to display weapons for our hobby. I also was big into airsoft for a number of years playing, and may go back at some time.

That being said, rubber ducks are also an option, but ****, they can get expensive for a hunk of resin (up to and including a correct upper receiver). Personally, I'd still put some type of hidden locking cable on whatever, just so I'm not loosing a few hundred every 'show'.

The problem will be getting out of the ordinary or other weapons. I am looking at doing a historic squad car and have no idea what I will end up doing for the shotgun if I don't use an actual one.

ikoinu

Hmm, there was a reply by another member here in regard to one of the chastise posts and it disappeared? Do mods remove posts?
Skipping thread.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hmm, there was a reply by another member here in regard to one of the chastise posts and it disappeared? Do mods remove posts?
Skipping thread.
Yes we do, thread is about "Gun racks in the humvee" not what to put in them.

shawnshumvee

Got all 4 mounts and soon will install. Thanks for all the help and info. I did end up buying a replica M16a1 (pretty nice) and will mostly likely buy one more replica and place both in the back (for MAX visibility) and then I will get 2 airsoft M16A1's just to off set the cost a bit (I know I shouldn't cry about the cost when I own HMMWV (High Maintenance Money Wasting Vehicle.) but hey, money is money darn it!. Nevertheless I will place both airsoft rifles in the front because those won't be so noticeable, and of course these replicas will only be displayed during shows (Non-moving Shows & Events) This project is just for show ad thats it. I'm pretty stoked about this project, I believe (and many others) that Guns & Military trucks go together. I will post pics later.

P.S Credit goes out to "BLK HMMWV" For the Humvee acronym.

Last edited:

shawnshumvee

Airsoft are good (and cheap) ways to display weapons for our hobby. I also was big into airsoft for a number of years playing, and may go back at some time.

That being said, rubber ducks are also an option, but ****, they can get expensive for a hunk of resin (up to and including a correct upper receiver). Personally, I'd still put some type of hidden locking cable on whatever, just so I'm not loosing a few hundred every 'show'.

The problem will be getting out of the ordinary or other weapons. I am looking at doing a historic squad car and have no idea what I will end up doing for the shotgun if I don't use an actual one.

Yes airsoft has come a long way in realism. I play professional paintball (Much like airsoft but it hurt's more and usually has less cheating) Moreover, yes I will make sure no loser (thieves are losers) will walk off with my fake M16A1's, i will secure them. I bet that squad car will be awesome when you are doen? I really like people who recreate cars and trucks (as I go to a bunch of car shows) from major movies and tv shows. You know stuff like the General lee, The DeLeoran time machine, Smoke & the bandit Trans-am and so on. That stuff is really cool.

You should get back into airsoft. Extreme sports are the best! One other good thing about airsoft other than than the realism is that its a heck of a lot cheaper to play.
Here's a few Pics of me at a few pro events.

IMG_2750.jpgfullsizeoutput_85f.jpg

Last edited:

Action

I have seen guns mounted in these older racks at shows before. I remeber there being padlocks near the end of the upper clamps To keep it from opening. The muzzle looked wide enough to not be able to slide through the gap.

shawnshumvee

My display is a m16 training rifle (marked from Ft. Benning) not the rubber duck. It has some real parts. I got it off craigslist in Panama City Beach. I put the orange duct tape on the barrel to hopefully show it is not real. I carry it in a bag when driving and only mount when static display with permission. I do worry with current events and do not want to draw the wrong leo attention. Some of the air soft rifles now look even more real from one I saw.

I got the butt stock measurements off other trucks when I picked up one in Saraland and pics on Gp. I did try my rifle first before I drilled the holes through the floor pan.

Pics of the rear blocks with the clamps. Part number on the sideways block. Can't figure out how to straighten it here...?

I do have an extra complete rear set available ........
hello juanprado. i'm a bit confused. I don't have rear upper mounts like the ones in your photos. heres' what i got (See Pic's below)
Was i sold the wrong Rear upper mounts? Because all 4 of mY upper mounts are the same and the 2 lower (butt stock mounts) are different which i know for sure is correct. just wondering if i was sold 2 extra front upper brackets?

heres what i bought
IMG_6029.jpgIMG_6030.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello juanprado. i'm a bit confused. I don't have rear upper mounts like the ones in your photos. heres' what i got (See Pic's below)
Was i sold the wrong Rear upper mounts? Because all 4 of mY upper mounts are the same and the 2 lower (butt stock mounts) are different which i know for sure is correct. just wondering if i was sold 2 extra front upper brackets?

heres what i bought
View attachment 714343View attachment 714344

Yes Sir,

What was sold to you as 4 upper mounts, should be 2 plus just 2 barrel clamps without the sliding bracket & wing nut stud or cheese grader bracket needed & missing the 2 blocks. The rear uses a block that bolts to the B pillar and the barrel clamp bolts to the side of the block like in my last post on this thread.

shawnshumvee

Yes Sir,

What was sold to you as 4 upper mounts, should be 2 plus just 2 barrel clamps without the sliding bracket & wing nut stud or cheese grader bracket needed & missing the 2 blocks. The rear uses a block that bolts to the B pillar and the barrel clamp bolts to the side of the block like in my last post on this thread.
Crap! so what i need is just the 2 blocks then i'm good? Do you have them? I think you mentioned it?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crap! so what i need is just the 2 blocks then i'm good? Do you have them? I think you mentioned it?
I sold my rear set. I do have a supplier with more pillar blocks but unsure when I will place another order as there is a min $100 and I just placed 2 back to back. If you can wait, I can add to my next goodie order.....hopefully soon.

BLK HMMWV

Please tell me you didn't use self tapping sheet metal screws on your rear lower brackets ?
Just giving you a hard time.
Other then that everything looks good.
I kind or re engineered mine to set on top of the cross bar as it's kind of crowded in the rear foot well. However like you we will probably never find ourselves sitting in any seat without a steering wheel.
BH

Last edited:

Action

How does the drivers lower bracket affect using the dimmer switch? I normally leave my left foot resting to the left of the switch so would have to adjust for that.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen guns mounted in these older racks at shows before. I remeber there being padlocks near the end of the upper clamps To keep it from opening. The muzzle looked wide enough to not be able to slide through the gap.
That's what I'm planning on doing.

shawnshumvee

Please tell me you didn't use self tapping sheet metal screws on your rear lower brackets ?
Just giving you a hard time.
Other then that everything looks good.
I kind or re engineered mine to set on top of the cross bar as it's kind of crowded in the rear foot well. However like you we will probably never find ourselves sitting in any seat without a steering wheel.
BH
No sir. I super glued them. Ha,ha, no I Drilled the holes and bolted them but only the bottom mounts, the tops and lower rears are self tapping. A bit over kill for the the front bottom mounts but oh well. Yeah I get your point on the lack of room (big time) in the rear, but no body rides in the back and if someone does, well they can deal with it. Also I’m just “TRYING” to keep it original (it’s just me) but that task has been a Constant battle as I have added the famous H1 ID light bar up above the windshield and a few other things, but I have to do a little custom or else she wouldn’t be mine, right.
Thanks for complement.

Last edited:

shawnshumvee

How does the drivers lower bracket affect using the dimmer switch? I normally leave my left foot resting to the left of the switch so would have to adjust for that.
Hello Action. To me the lower mount isn’t an issue with the high beam switch but then again, it all depends where you rest your foot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks