• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun ring finished

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm still in search of the correct mounting plate that goes on the driver side leg if anyone has one or can give me good measurements would be great. (see pic)

Hey everybody,

clintogf just got an M66 setup and she needs a mounting plate (see attachment) as well. We have a friend who says he can fab a replacement, so either dimensions or a real size template. We'd prefer a template.

Obviously we'd take a plate too.

gracias

C

Attachments

txdodge43man

Hey everybody,

clintogf just got an M66 setup and she needs a mounting plate (see attachment) as well. We have a friend who says he can fab a replacement, so either dimensions or a real size template. We'd prefer a template.

Obviously we'd take a plate too.

gracias

C
I will try and get some mesurments for you off the plate that I had fab up. Finding the correct plate had truned out to be impossible so I had a friend of mine fab one up. It will be some time this weekend till Im back at the museum to get the mesurments for you.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I will try and get some mesurments for you off the plate that I had fab up. Finding the correct plate had truned out to be impossible so I had a friend of mine fab one up. It will be some time this weekend till Im back at the museum to get the mesurments for you.
Did you ever get a chance to measure yours? Thanks

This is the left, right, or front?

Left.

So why doesn't someone go and replicate a gun ring? I mean, resources are out there!
Because it's a lots more complex than you'd think, plus the heft of the materials would necessitate serious dies and whatnot to actually stamp/form/whatever the raw parts.

There probably aren't enough buyers out there at the pricepoint it would demand as well.

roughroad

waking up an old conversation I hope.

I want to buy or build on for my M211

I also hapen to have enough tools to makes it happen I think...

so if any one (the San Antonio folks) can help with pics dimensions or who has a ring I would be very appreciative.

thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks