• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Trucks in Western U.S.? Future Display Planned

Major Asstyrd

Years ago I asked this question, and I am at it again. It is about a gun truck display being planned at the largest annual historic military vehicle event west of the Mississippi. The Military Vehicle Collectors of California is the producer of what is now known as the Camp Plymouth Military Vehicle Show & Swap Meet. It has been in Plymouth, CA since 2019 at Amador Co. Fairgrounds and the adjacent 49er Village RV Resort. Camping-oriented as always, with some staying in hotels, B&Bs, or commuting. No admission fee, no vendor fee but sellers must rent a campsite. No MV registration fee, all welcome.

We always have several themed MV showcases. FYI the ones for April 17 through 20, 2024 show will be Big Trucks & Service Vehicles, M274 Mules, and M38 and M38A1 Jeeps and Variants. Also a special living history reenactor display.

What does this have to do with gun trucks? Despite big gun trucks qualifying for the 2024 showcase, which is for any truck 2 1/2 ton and larger, we would like to feature gun trucks in their own display at the April 2025 show. That includes small trucks. The display is not for a truck with a single MG on it. It is for multi-gun trucks. Are there any in the western states or otherwise in range of Plymouth, CA? Or projects being planned? My thought is by scheduling a 2025 display very early it will give people time to get a project done. Buying heavy, expensive-to-ship items is nice to do at a MV event where the seller can bring the item and the buyer saves freight. For example our April 2024 event is an excellent place to buy and sell truck parts as well as dummy guns, mounts, ammo cans, flak vests, helmets, etc. There are sellers and buyers from many states there, and from some foreign countries.

If anyone knows of gun trucks or projects in the West, please let me know here or via email or PM. Or give me the contact info and I will invite the person. Where would you suggest we put the word out besides here and on the G and our own social media sites?

Thanks!

Draft flyer of the 2024 event is below. Soon all details will be on the event calendar at www.MVCCNews.net. Details of last April's event are still up there as of this writing, so you can get a feel for all the details. For our regulars, the biggest change from past years is we will be doing more activities on Saturday, including moving the evening raffle and dinner to Saturday, and the truck and Mule showcases will be Saturday.
Flyer Draft as of 111523.jpg

Draft of the activities schedule for 2024. It starts earlier in the week than most shows:

Daily Briefing with graphics 112423 image file.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks