• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gunner seat belt removal

Greg841

Hi everyone - first post for me, every question I've had up to this point has been answered by someone else years ago!

Is there a trick to removing the seat belt used by the turret gunner in the center of the floor? I can't get the bolts to budge, not sure if they were in with thread locker or what. I figured I'd better ask before I try an impact wrench and potentially screw something up.

royg

In my case the belt and the platform was attached to a larger square plate and the method was to remove the entire assembly together. The belt came out still attached to the larger plate.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my case the belt and the platform was attached to a larger square plate and the method was to remove the entire assembly together. The belt came out still attached to the larger plate.
Mine too

Autonomy_Lost

You want to remove the whole plate, although if I remember correctly there *might* be one allen head screw underneath the seatbelt retractor.

-Use lots of penetrating oil
-Use a quality allen bit on a rachet wrench for more leverage
-Clean the head of the allen screws to ensure that your allen bit fits all the way in, otherwise you might strip it
-work the screw backwards and forwards slightly until it turns easily

For what its worth, the screws are going into rivnuts, and there is no need to access underneath the truck for this process.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I removed mine today from my M1165 and I had 2 bolts that went thru that metal plate that thread into a long thick steel piece that runs with the rib of the floor. It took some ass to get them loose but they came out just fine.

Jinx

I removed mine yesterday as well. Start with the forward bolt. It took a bit of torquing to break free. (a lot of torque actually) Once it was off, the plate over the belt can be removed and you have access to the back bolt. It wasn't as tough as the first. I put the bolts back in once the belt was out to fill the holes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks