• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gunner's platform/Stand

jpinst

Does anybody have any idea on where to mount the gunner's platform in a 1025 HMMWV?

All I really need to know is how to measure off the hols that I need to drill in the body.

Thanks in advance!!

Iron7

Sir, may I ask for a picture to better answer your question? There's a couple types of weapon mounts. If yours is the type that bolts to the deck, it can be mounted either in the rear cargo area or the center, will help you more with pics or at least the nomenclature.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dean...The one I have will mount to existing holes if mounted in the center....or put it in the back area and you will need to drill holes, 2 ea. I think. Mine is not mounted, just fit checked a year ago.

Iron7

I concur. I'm pretty sure what mount you're describing. We did the same thing by using the two existing holes and drilling the additional two. Just be sure to look underneath to be sure you can safely put the bolt where you need to meaning, check for wiring, braces and anything else in the way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks