• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gunny 155

Bill W

Its suppose to be white oak but I have seen quite a few that were red.
I did the troop seat on my old 37 with Epay wood, cheaper and as durable as white and as strong also a very good looking wood to which I could not bring myself to paint it

Attachments

GUNNY 155

Thanks to all you guys for the help :D. Now that leaves me with still another question. I am doing a frame up restoration and wanted to be as mil spec as possible but I must say Bills ride looks mighty nice with the tricked out wood work.

nattieleather

I think the natural wood looks sharp, but it's not original if you want to do the truck mill spec. The wood should be painted to same color as the body and since the troop seats are more or less part of the bed I would think they were painted at the same time when it rolled off the assembly line.

This isn't a great picture, but if you look at the first truck you can see the troop seats are there and the same color as the rest of the truck.
Dodge Power Wagon Factory Photograph – Off Road Action | Off Road Action

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks