• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guns on Gun Rings & Forums Rules

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm putting an M66 Gun Ring on my M35A2. To what extent do the forum rules allow me to discuss the firearm to be placed there?

Forum rules:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?84063-Forum-rules
Do not post material dealing with the sale or use of alcohol, tobacco, or firearms. The exception to the rule would be the discussion of rifle mounts or ring-mounts.
I'm sure I can discuss the gun cradle and costs, sources, fitment and possibly the room/ride height when a gun is mounted, but what about the actual firearm in the cradle on said gun ring? Zero discussion? Model/Manufacturer only? If a dummy gun, sources and links? (I assume sources for belt links, parts, ammo and etc fall into the zero discussion because that's no longer "MV" country, or is it?)

Further, I would like to follow with pictures of the gun mounted on the gun ring when the project is complete. Is that allowed?

Further clarification would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

MtnSnow

My 2cents ..........The exception to the rule would be the discussion of rifle mounts or ring-mounts so just keep posting the info on facebook bud ;-).

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So long as you're talking about the mount and not the weapon, it's fine. Dummy weapons/simfire is ok too since it's not a firearm per ATF.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks