• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guyfang check in

Chainbreaker

I think Guy has some prior military experience of how to ride out a flood...

A long time ago he was sleeping atop a running generator at a Patriot missile site close to a river and it started raining hard, but Guy was undeterred as he had his rain gear on and he slept soundly as the generator lulled him to sleep. However, the rain persisted and river flood waters quickly came up. The waters rose high enough that it stopped the generator and woke him up. He managed to swim over to a nearby missile launcher and was able to climb up high enough on the launch tube to wait out the flood waters until sunrise when they subsided.

As he was having his morning coffee he looked over at all the flooded generators and said to his fellow soldiers...I hope the TM's were stored above the water line.

Guyfang

Staff member
Rest assured, in our area, it was bad in a few towns, but NOTHING like in North/North West of here. We did not even have the town swimming pool flooded. That's my gauge. When the pool gets tsunamied, we have a huge problem. Its happened several times over the years. We did not get, at least in my area, the huge downfalls that devastated other areas. Just almost non stop rain for several weeks. Never heavy, just always wet. Its been kinda dry for the last 3 days, but yesterday the clouds started to roll back in and today, looks like maybe thunder showers.

We have nothing to complain about here. The scope of devastation seems to grow in a compleatly unimaginable scale elsewhere. Lots of work needed to get just basic services back to millions of folks.

Got to run. We are putting a new roof on the Beer Brewery I got involved with. Hard work and nothing but old farts doing the work. Normal folks are at work. Got most of it covered yesterday, and it about sent me to the old folks home. Need to get the rest done before the next rain.

Thanks for all the thoughts!!

Guy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks