• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gwinnett Sheriff's SWAT M114 video

N1265

What ! you mean not all sheriffs departments have APCs, helicopters
and jet boats ?

OMG how will we ever be safe ?

I don't have a problem with letting the Cops have such things, As along as I can have them too.

maritimer

hmmmmm, thanks for the link, if you dotn mind me asking what kinda specs as far as electronics, operational/role specific upgrades did you make to the original m114 apc to get it to well what was pictured. fee lfree to pm me

wgtactical

hmmmmm, thanks for the link, if you dotn mind me asking what kinda specs as far as electronics, operational/role specific upgrades did you make to the original m114 apc to get it to well what was pictured. fee lfree to pm me
Here is a link that shows what we started with. http://m2hb.net/m2phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1495

Also, there is a part 2 for the same vehicle, as well as other threads regarding vehicles we've altered.

mangus580

Guys, if we cant behave every time wgtactical posts something nice for us to see.... we will have to ask him to refrain from sharing.

I for one will be QUITE upset with having to make such a decision.

Knock it off... ALL of you.

wgtactical

Some of These guys Ain't right.... But I do like the flexiabilty they have with their signature lines :-D
The whole thread got trashed over there. There seems no language foul enough, or subject matter controversial enough to rise to the level of having been a part of making a LE officers task a little more safer. Oh well, it takes all kinds I suppose:roll:

outsider

Nice work!...But I have to ask if you versed the operator on what happens in a 114 when you break a track at high speed.....Immediate 90 deg. turn in the direction of the broken track, and hopefully there are no ditches in close proximity when it happens. It makes me nervous every time I go over 25 in them.

As far as LE dept having this. It most likely will be show and tell, and my well never be used in the function it was designed for. Think of it this way... Your at the local 4th of July parade and you see that the local LE's have one of these it may well make people think twice about holding up the local bank etc. if they now this is available.

Steve

DMgunn

Nice...very nice. I am surprised at the road speed - I imagine it would be terrifying to see it closing in, if you have a reason to be afraid of the police................

P.S. Too bad you are such horrible people - I mean, the music (no complaints here), the use of surplus iron to protect the LEOs (bravo) and the high-speed turns, and did you forget to signal? - Oh, the humanity - you guys are going to hell for sure. :roll:

littlebob

I love the videos. I also hate when a post like this goes negative, its not really what this site is about. It has always been my interest in the vehicles and exchange of knowledge
about said vehicles that keeps me coming back. I can get negative feedback everytime
I go to work or go to a fastfood place with minimum wage help locally in person if I like.
I really hope we can all learn to stay within the bounds and keep the forum growing and not turn the newbies off because of a few opinions. We all have them(opinions) and I have learned to bite my tounge on some for the good of the site.

littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks