• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H-161 / Bailout Cable Issues

kml9705

I'm having issues with the H-161 headsets where it connects to the bailout cable. I understand that this is a problem area. I even purchased new NOS headsets and bailout cables and still had issues right out of the box. It seems that they only work correctly when there is a slight pressure to one side. I had taped up the connectors with a piece of metal to hold them at the angle that worked and it held up great for a while, but the first time I went off road with the truck this "fix" shook enough to loose the connection again.

Does anyone have a permanent fix for this issue or any ideas? Has anyone ever cut the connections out and wired them directly together?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm having issues with the H-161 headsets where it connects to the bailout cable. I understand that this is a problem area. I even purchased new NOS headsets and bailout cables and still had issues right out of the box. It seems that they only work correctly when there is a slight pressure to one side. I had taped up the connectors with a piece of metal to hold them at the angle that worked and it held up great for a while, but the first time I went off road with the truck this "fix" shook enough to loose the connection again.

Does anyone have a permanent fix for this issue or any ideas? Has anyone ever cut the connections out and wired them directly together?
That's not a bad idea, I don't anticipate being under fire and bailing myself :)

papakb

Are you talking about where the 2 bailout connectors meet or where the cable connects to the radio? I've got plenty of both the 161s and cables and have never experienced this problem.