• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H1's are back, kinda sorta

Bravojmc

Mods stop changing thread title!

(MODERATORS STOP CHANGING MY TITLE FOR THIS THREAD!)
What is so bad about (The day of sadness.......?) it's sad in my eyes that an American made icon can not be sold here in the USA!
Mods if my title makes you for some reason want to run to your safe space and change my title, let me know before you do it. The title is in ZERO way offensive. This is a military vehicle forum BUCK UP!

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/05/10/new-hummer-h1-on-sale-in-china.html

China....

Last edited:

NormB

True and true but Americans cant have them from what I was reading....
Seems like the law makes an exemption for REPRODUCTIONS if they're over 25 years old.

Maybe the current state of liability lawsuits - and added cost to the mfr. - makes selling in the US cost-prohibitive.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I can't find out is why we can't buy them for off-road...
Every swinging Richard with more money than sense would buy them for off road and immediately seek a path to register them. History has already proven that fact.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Absolutely not a day of sadness IMHO.

Start a grass roots to allow people to buy this American Made product.

Create a petition OUTSIDE of this forum, and then see if the owner of this forum will allow circulation here.

Once the press gets a hold of the fact that this distinctly AMERICAN vehicle is made here but not allowed to be purchased here, the press will latch on.

I would ABSOLUTELY buy one if made legally available.

MHO, and I hope this does not step out of line with what is permitted here in the Steel Soldier's forum.

T

Bravojmc

Absolutely not a day of sadness IMHO.

Start a grass roots to allow people to buy this American Made product.

Create a petition OUTSIDE of this forum, and then see if the owner of this forum will allow circulation here.

Once the press gets a hold of the fact that this distinctly AMERICAN vehicle is made here but not allowed to be purchased here, the press will latch on.

I would ABSOLUTELY buy one if made legally available.

MHO, and I hope this does not step out of line with what is permitted here in the Steel Soldier's forum.

T
If Am-General hasn't made it happen with all their lawyers , then little ol me wouldn't have a chance in **** changing the gov mind....

Every swinging Richard with more money than sense would buy them for off road and immediately seek a path to register them. History has already proven that fact.
First off I'm not one of those swinging Richards and I'd totally use it for off-road....

Wire Fox

Full transparency: I wouldn't buy one. H1s were far too expensive for me when they circulated around, so H1 round 2 would still be too expensive for me. Surplus is the right price and the right equipment level for me. I do agree that I wish they could be available for those with the pocket book for them, but I guess that's what the C-series is for.

Bravojmc

Full transparency: I wouldn't buy one. H1s were far too expensive for me when they circulated around, so H1 round 2 would still be too expensive for me. Surplus is the right price and the right equipment level for me. I do agree that I wish they could be available for those with the pocket book for them, but I guess that's what the C-series is for.
WireFox send me a link where I can buy a C-series... They don't sell them in the US of A...

someoldmoose

Have someone in China buy one and then ship it here as a gray market import, they'll probably be on Ebay in a few months. I can't even imagine how many yuan it's gonna cost some Chinese neuvo riche jerk-off to buy a 25 yr. old HMMWV. But then we've been buying all the crap they have made for the last 50 years so they could get rich enough to buy our unuseable stuff. Bless Amurca ! ! !

Bravojmc

Have someone in China buy one and then ship it here as a gray market import, they'll probably be on Ebay in a few months. I can't even imagine how many yuan it's gonna cost some Chinese neuvo riche jerk-off to buy a 25 yr. old HMMWV. But then we've been buying all the crap they have made for the last 50 years so they could get rich enough to buy our unuseable stuff. Bless Amurca ! ! !
I really don't need one that bad! Last thing I need to do is pay a Chinamen big bucks for an AMERICAN Humvee!
They can keep em! I spend way to much time and money on mine already!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks